Refined Botox Technique? (photo)

I am 40 and have had lines across my forehead for years now. Since I have a fringe, my forehead lines never bothered me. I am now developing crowsfeet and 11s and my brows have lowered. I am considering botox for a brow lift, my crows feet and 11s. My question is: Should I leave the forehead lines alone so that there is no risk of that heavy brow look? I have very vivid facial expressions and don’t want it to be affected too much. My goal would be to achieve a natural, just slightly more relaxed look.

Refined Botox Technique

+2

Careful technique should be able to address all of your concerns without causing an unnatural appearance.  

Conservatively placing Botox into the lateral periorbital (crows feet) area, glabella ( 11's) and the forehead will be able to resolve the dynamic wrinkles in these areas and give you a subtle brow lift without giving you a heavy brow or static facial expressions.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for 11s, crow's feet, forehead lines, and brow lift

+2

Botox can be injected to correct crow's feet, 11s, and forehead lines without dropping the brow.  The brow lifting aspect can be addressed as well.

Botox treatment - a refined approach

+2

The Botox treatment you receive should be based on you presenting your concerns and making clear which areas you'd like improved. You can safely prevent a heavy brow and still leave some movement, and avoid treating the forehead lines as they don't bother you. Speak with a highly trained and experienced physician such as a dermatologist to ensure optimal results and safety, and a natural look that you desire.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrows lift

+2

Than you for your question.

As your main concerns are: not to get heavy brow look and goals are to lift eyebrows, improve frown and craw feet lines. Forehead lines do not bother you and your hair covers it anyway.

Targeting muscles responsible for the frown lines will let your forehead muscles lift the eyebrows as they will have no opposing action from weakened glabella muscles. Your doctor always can use smaller doses at first for the frown lines and the craw feet lines if you want to preserve your animation. More can be added at 2 weeks review. If you decide to do forehead then muscles fibres closer to hair line and outer parts of the forehead are left intact in order to avoid heavy brows look. You should discuss with your doctor your goals and concerns beforehand. I am sure you will get a good result.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Botox "brow lift" is a great starting point for many people.

+2

Similla,

Your thoughts are right on target. In order to be careful with your first experience with Botox, not to feel your brows are too heavy, it's a great idea to soften the crow's feet and the glabellar frown lines (11's) and raise the brows a bit with the brow lift injection pattern. I often find that taking this downward pressure off the brows allows my patients to use less forehead muscle action to lift the brows, and it therefore secondarily softens the forehead lines anyway without the risk of droop. This allows for the feeling that you still have expression, and allows for a follow up visit to consider adding just a few units to the forehead alone if desired.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Which areas should I do Botox

+2

First, find an expert physician who is a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. This will ensure you get a better result and technique. I usually advise my patients to start small. So in your case, treat the 11s and the crow's feet, and a bit to lift the brow. But keep your forehead un-done. As things progress you will see how much you like it, or if you want more added. It's always easier to add!!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox and treatment expectations

+2

Consult with a well-trained and experienced injector for all of your options and to discuss your expectations.

Sam Naficy, MD

Best to go slowly

+2

I would suggest just treating the crow's feet and elevens and brows. Wait a couple of weeks and see what you think. You can always come back and add a little to the forehead if you feel its needed.

It is good to communicate closely with your doctor, so that over the first couple of botox visits you can finesse the results to just how you like them.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refined Botox Technique?

+2

Hard to advise based on the posted photo that has hair covering forehead. Try just BOTOX for the 11's first to see if you like the effect. 

Avoid Botox for your forehead for now

+2

You should have Botox treatment for your 11's, crow's feet and brow lift and avoid your forehead for now.  After 2 weeks you will see your full result and depending on your forehead movement, an experienced injector will be able to advise you on whether you should treat your forehead.  I would rather see some forehead lines than a drooping brow. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist