Refine my Nose Tip Subtley? What Do You Recommend? (photo)

i like my nose since it turns upwards in a cute way, however i hate the fact that there is a crack centred on the tip, which additionally give a drooping effect even though it doesnt really. i am no expert, but i have the feeeling its due to the way the cartilage is position. i therefore am wondering if there is the possibility to modify my cartilage structure in order to create a rounder and more harmonious nose tip without it affecting my upper lip or face?

Fixing A Crack-Centered Nasal Tip

+1

Dear Emily,

The cleft you have in the middle of your nasal tip will be fixed by either a cartilage graft or by repositioning the existing cartilage.

Also, addressing the bulbous tip may be an addition to have your nasal tip better fit your petite facial features while preserving the way it "turn upwards".

Commendable results require an extremely skilled surgeon as there is not secret in the fact that your surgery is of a delicate but highly rewarding nature.

So, I recommend that you consult with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in facial surgeries who will help you achieve your goal.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tip work with Rhinoplasty

+1

Other than the small cleft in the middle of the nasal tip, it looks like you have a petite, pretty nose which should probably not be altered.  The cleft in the tip can usually be corrected with a small cartilage graft.  Although more difficult, I would recommend a closed approach (incisions on the inside of the nose)  An open approach may be easier, but leaves a visible scar and prolonged swelling.  The cartilage can be obtained from the septum or the ear.

Jarrod Little, MD

Refine my Nose Tip Subtley? What Do You Recommend?

+1

I use a closed tip plasty, not a full Rhinoplasty, with a retrograde thinning of the nasal tip cartilages in this type of scenario.

Refinement of the nose tip

+1

Refine your nose tip through the following:

1. remove the fat between the lower tip cartilages (decreases tip split)

2. decrease the width of the cartilages (decreases roundness of tip)

3. narrow the dome portion of the tip cartilages (decreases width)

Address the width of the columela:

1. bring the medial tip cartilages closer together

Address the retracted ala (flared nostrils)

1. reposition the ala into a slightly lower and narrower position This will put the final touches of bringing balance between the tip of your nose and your mouth.

I hope this makes some sense Emily.

Ramin

Ramin Behmand, MD

Nasal tip refinement

+1

Tip refinement surgery may be possible to soften the attributes you are concerned about. It is best to be examined in person.

Tip refinement

+1

Your tip cartilages are clefted, meaning there is a gap between them.  Overall, the tip is slightly bulbous, but the rotation and projection are good.  Rhinoplasty will address these issues and I think you will be happy with results.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Cartilage producing an excessively strong nasal tip can be corrected.

+1

With the thin skin of your nose and the very strong and broad cartilages that form the nasal tip, you should expect a very good result from a rhinoplasty.  From the photos, I would grade you as an excellent candidate.

Subtle Refinement of the Nasal Tip

+1

As your suggest the tip can be improved by repositioning the tip cartilages and changing their contour with slight reduction of their bulk. Subtle changes by an experienced surgeon will provide the desired result.

Rhinoplasty to refine tip

+1
Your answer is yes the tip may be refined. Either by the removal of cartilage or by repositioning or refinement of the cartilage. In my experience this would be best performed by an open rhinoplasty allowing a more precise procedure. This can be done allowing you to keep the aesthetics that you like while correcting the bulbous tip. I use a digital imaging computer during my consulting rhinoplasty patients which enables the patient to see the proposed surgical result. This is helpful in allowing the patient and surgeon to discuss the desired aesthetic result. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD