Need Referral to Correct Under Eye Hollows?

I had lower lid blepharoplasty in late November with a MACS lift. Aesthetically, the result is poor (concave, crinkly skin where there was modest fat). Functionally, the lids still do not close completely. I continue to sporadically get goopy gel like junk in the eyes that I've since learned is chemosis. My contact in the rh eye continues to split (which makes me wonder if something is structurally wrong). Who, in the north/central Florida area or s.Georgia area should I contact?

Tips and Links to find Best Plastic Surgeon Near You

+1

I would seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon.  See the below links provided on the best way to choose the most qualified plastic surgeon and also how to find one in your geographical area.

Eyelid Revision Surgery

+1

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure to research the surgeon by checking credentials, reviews by other patients who have had procedures done with them and their experience with eyelid surgery before going forward. Your situation is not hard to fix but your provider should be knowledgeable to where he/she can reassure you that what needs to be done meshes with what you want out of revision surgery. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye hollows

+1

I am sorry that you have not had the best result. First make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with revisions of the eyes. It is a difficult and unforgiving area to revise. To truly understand the complexity of your problems you really need a personalized visit. I will however try to address a few of your concerns. First your inability to close your eye is called lagopthalmos. It can be caused is scar pulling down your lower eyelid or over resection of lower eyelid skin. The treatment is simple and many factors have to be taken into consideration. Second, "goopy junk in the eyes" is not necessarily chemosis and the reasons for that can be many ranging from infection, to the eyelid not sitting against the globe properly. A poor harmony between the lid and the eyeball will also cause your contact lens to spit. Again I strongly recommend you see someone who is comfortable around revisions of eyelids. Hope this helps as a start. Good luck.

Raj S. Ambay, MD