Recommendations for Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgeon in Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR Area

I have consulted with a number of plastic surgeons in the Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR area, but am still somewhat unsure with whom to go with. If you have had a tummy tuck and have had a very positive experience with a plastic surgeon & you love your results, please refer their name to me. Thank you.

Tummy tuck recommendations.

+2

You have to choose who you are most comfortable with along with who is board certified and experienced.  It also helps to see pre and post op photographs.

Choosing a plastic surgeon

+2

There are many good plastic surgeons in your area.  They best way to find a good board certified plastic surgeon is to visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) website.  Also, talk to people in  your area and you may be able to find a good recommendation.  Make sure that you feel comfortable with your surgeon and their staff.

Good Luck with your procedure.

David Shafer, MD

How to pick a plastic surgeon.

+2

Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Plastic surgeon in Oregon

+2

You should make sure that your plastic surgeon is in fact a board certified plastic surgeon. You can check this by going to plasticsurgery.org.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your Surgeon?

+1

When choosing a plastic surgeon it is important to  do your due diligence carefully. You will find that well-trained, well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons are extremely capable managing a variety of different procedures and the potential complications  associated with the procedures
I  am sure there are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The surgeons will generally be well-versed in a  variety of procedures that may be indicated based on your examination and goals.