My left ear is not completely folded and feels broken. Can it be fixed? (Photos)

Left ear is not completely folded and feels like bone is broken. I was born like that.

Otoplasty. questions

+2
There is no question that your ear can be fixed with a surgical procedure known as an otoplasty.  It may not be able to make your ear look totally like your opposite side but you can certainly make it appear more even.

Prominant ear repair

+2
Yes this can be repaired surgicaly. The procedure is called Otoplasty and can be perfomed as an in office procedure. Recovery time is usually a couple of weeks.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Reshaping

+2
Your case is a frequent case, and its "fixable", there are numerous techniques that will help achieve a nice fold on your ear.  find a Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience on otoplasty, and discuss your case. i'm sure you will get an amazing result.

Luis Redondo, MD

Ear reshaping and cup ear

+2
Dear Joec

• Thank you for the photos.
  • the reshaping of the ear can be performed with or small incisions, but you should have a consult to discuss the risks  and benefits. 
  • Compared to the other side, if the ear is too small when you fold it back with your fingers, there are a number of options using cartilage from your other ear or rib 
  • Knowing your expectations and the options will help you make the decision 
Best Wishes 

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

My left ear is not completely folded and feels broken. Can it be fixed?

+2
The left ear can certainly be improved with a short outpatient procedure.  Find an expert.

Otoplasty for "unfolded ear".

+2
Otoplasty for "unfolded ear" can be corrected by bending the ear cartilage and roving any excess. See an experienced ear surgeon. 

Unfolding your ear

+2
can certainly be done with predictable results.  Find a local plastic surgeon with experience in such variations and who has a reasonable revision policy as one may always be needed and consider going for it if the problem impacts your quality of life.

Curtis Wong, MD

+2
An ear doesn’t have any bone, but rather cartilage. If there is sufficient cartilage present, the protruding position of your ear can be corrected by bending the cartilage with a traditional or with the stitch method.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping the ear

+2
It is possible to reshape the ear. This requires a surgical procedure to fold theCartilage  and create a more natural shape. Be sure that you find a specialist in otoplasty who is board-certified and has ample experience and reshaping the ear

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon