Will I Have to Get a Redo if my Implant Pocket is to Small? How Can I Tell if This is the Problem?

34 B pre op. 550cc silicone, under muscle. my right breast gave me pain about 3 or so weeks after, then out of no where it began to harden around the right side of the right breast. all the symptoms seemed to point to mondors disease, but when i lay on my stomach,on implant and get back up its soft for a second,then it turns hard again, feeling like maybe the pocket is to small and it pops right back out when i get up,i dont know..anyone?? i am now 3 months post op with the same problems.

See your surgeon

+1
Unfortunately, you will need to return to your surgeon for a physical examination to determine how to address this concern. It is difficult to say what is causing this. However, please note that capsular contracture causes the breast to feel firm and look abnormally round. Best of luck.

Revision

+1
Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Too small of a pocket for implants

+1

Hello and thanks for the questions.  In regards if the pocket was too small, this is more than likely not the case.  What it sounds like you are describing is that there is still some swelling occuring on that breast and laying on it removes it temporarily.  I would definitely recommend seeking another visit with your PS and demonstrate what you are describing here.  Best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately, despite your good description, it is very difficult to give you precise advice. Much of what should be done can only be determined after an accurate diagnosis is made; this diagnosis can only be made accurately after direct examination.

Demonstrate your concerns to your plastic surgeon;  if still in doubt, seek a 2nd opinion in person.

Schedule a follow up visit.

+1

It is hard to advise you just by a description alone what you are experiencing.  The best thing to do is schedule a follow up visit.  Ther hardening sounds like it may be capsular contracture, but there may be things to do at home such as breast massage that may soften this up a little bit.  Best of luck. 

Problem?

+1

Without an actual exam or at least a photo, it is difficult to give useful advise. This does not sound like Mondor's disease which causes narrow bands in the breast fold from clotting of tiny veins, and which cause no symptoms. This does sound like capsular contracture, although I don't quite understand the description you have posted. 

My useful advise: arrange a visit with your surgeon for evaluation.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

Implant pocket too small is capsular contracture

+1

By definition an pocket that was fine and now has become tight or small is capsular contracture. We cannot tell for certain without an exam, so have your surgeon take a look.

Pain 3 months after surgery

+1

You really need to see your own surgeon. It is impossible to for anyone to tell you accurately what's going on without an examination.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast Augmentation and Capsular Contracture

+1

It sounds like you have a capsular contracture.  It is very important for you to follow up with your plastic surgeon within the next week or so.  Capsular contractures can sometimes be treated with oral medication and massages if they are caught early.  Otherwise, they require additional surgery.

Best wishes with your recovery!

Patrick C. Wilson, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

+1

Of course without an exam, I can not be sure what is going on, but it does sound like a capsular contracture. Best to see  your surgeon.  Good luck.