Will Removing 500cc Make Me Too Small For My Frame?

If I am 126lbs 5'4 and a small frame with what the doctors says "small big breasts" as a 36d which is what I believe I am maybe a size bigger if I get fitted properly, will removing 500cc make me too small?

Yes, 500 grams per side might be too much and it is unwise to stick to an arbitrary weight.

+1

You are probably wondering because you have been told that 500 grams of tissue removal is needed for insurance purposes.  Is that correct?  I cannot tell you of course without looking at your photos, but 500 grams per side tends to be quite a bit on a 126 lb woman.  You may appear too flattened after.

It is best for the surgeon to remove the proper amount without necessarily committing to any particular weight.  Obviously, your best outcome is most important.  It turns out that women with smaller amounts of weight removed, even under 300 grams per breast, often report improved symptoms of back pain.

While insurance companies have guidelines, I cannot remember an insurance company coming back later and saying "you did not remove enough breast tissue to qualify."  I cannot guarantee this won't happen, but it has not happened to me and I think it would be unfair if an insurance company did this.  You have every medical reason to have a breast reduction and a particular weight is arbitrary.

Be sure to have a vertical reduction.  It provides the best shape and least scarring.  Have a look at photos first.  I've attached my link.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction advice for women who may be reduced too much by insurance requirements

+1

Hi,

My best advice for women who like yourself may end up being too small with insurance based requirements is to fund the surgery yourself. I realize this option may not be financially feasible, but if it is, why let an insurance company dictate your breast size?

Another question to contemplate: what would be too small for you?

One more thing to consider that you may not know, is that there is a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Reduction which lifts and reshapes breasts so that it makes them appear larger than what they really are because they are so full and perky. It does not have a vertical scar and breasts are suspended on the chest wall using internal straps made from your excess skin for a long term lift. The only scars you would have are hidden around the areola and in the inframammary crease. Just another option to consider.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What cup size after a reduction?

+1

There is no way to predict or guarantee a cup size following a reduction procedure.  I am assuming you will meet the minimum excisions required for your insurance to cover this and if so, you have to accept what results from removing that minimum amount.  You should discuss your concerns and desires with your doctor and reach a suitable plan that is acceptable to you.  If you were in my office, your choices would be to have the procedure done as I usually do them, be aggressive and have the smallest cup possible (usually large B) or be conservative, removing only what is needed to satisfy your insurance carrier.           

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast reduction and size

+1

Hi, it is impossible to predict what the removal of 500 grams would result in, without physical examination. you need to consult with a board ceritifed plastic surgeon and discuss the procedure and get examined and review several pictures of breast reductions and their respective weight removed, to get an idea of what can be achieved in your particular case.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Removing 500 gram during Breast Reduction Surgery and Resulting Breast Size?

+1

In-person consultation  and a full communication of your goals will be necessary to provide  you with a meaningful response. I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons, communicate your goals clearly (I prefer the use of goal pictures) and consider the pros/cons/potential risks/complications associated with breast reduction surgery carefully.

Many patients decide to reduce the breasts enough to help alleviate symptoms caused by larger breasts while maintaining enough breast tissue to remain proportionate to the remainder of their torso.

Will breast reduction leave me too small?

+1
WIthout a photo and examination, it is impossible to come to any conclusions about the impact of a 500 gram resection. The measuring standard for the insurance companies is in gram weight, not cubic centimeters.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast reduction

+1

Without an exam, I have no idea whether removing 500 cc of tissue will leave you with an adequate volume or leave you too small or too big.