I Had a Reduction 7 Weeks Ago and Started Light Exercise 2 Weeks Ago?

Everything looks good, but after I started exercising a bit, they felt bigger and have since. At 4-5 weeks I felt great, but now they still feel sore and tight (or swollen). My PS said everything looks fine, but maybe just due to weight gain. I have maybe gained a few pounds, but nothing drastic. I have a hard time believing what I am feeling is from that. I was wondering if increasing activity can cause this bigger/tighter feeling and do I just need to wait it out. Still 38D hoping to be C

If exercise causes pain after breast reduction wait a little bit longer before resuming that activity.

+1

It takes many months for an operation of any kind including breast reduction to heal completely. Although exercise will probably not damage the breasts, if it causes discomfort is best to postpone the resumption of exercise until this is no longer the case.

Exercise Can Cause Swelling

+1
Exercise the first couple of months after surgery can cause swelling and a temporary increase in the size of your breasts.  It should resolve in time.  It is encouraging that your surgeon feels you are recovering uneventfully. Share your concerns further with your surgeon. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Exercise and Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to precise advice and/or meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking,  swelling after  any type of body contouring surgery can  increase after strenuous activity.  Also, generally speaking, this effect diminishes gradually over the course of the first few months.

At this point, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience  and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the surgery ( regardless of the cup size achieved).

Breast reduction and activity = swelling

+1

Yes, with more activity your breasts will swell. It will take months for that to resolve.  Good luck.

Breast reduction

+1

If you have been seen by your surgeon, then there is nothing anyone on this site can tell you that will be better advice than seeing your surgeon. As long as both breasts are the same size, then it is not a hematoma, and you need to just wait. If you gain weight they will get larger.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon