Post-Gynecomastia Surgery - Reduction of Nipple Tip?

I had the Gynecomastia procedure done Dec 29th I had asked the Dr if the nipples would also be done at this time of procedure and was told yes But the nipple tips are still large and from what I see incision would have to be done and remove tissue to make the nipple tips smaller and of course I have not been stiched up on the tips of the nipples. The nipple tips just show so much when I wear t-shirts tight shirts.

+2

regarding: "Post-Gynecomastia Surgery - Reduction of Nipple Tip?
I had the Gynecomastia procedure done Dec 29th I had asked the Dr if the nipples would also be done at this time of procedure and was told yes But the nipple tips are still large and from what I see incision would have to be done and remove tissue to make the nipple tips smaller and of course I have not been stiched up on the tips of the nipples. The nipple tips just show so much when I wear t-shirts tight shirts
."

Nipple reduction can be done any time. If you wait 6-8 weeks you may even find out that as the swelling resolves you MAY not need to have them operated on. Either way, it is best to wait and allow resumption of better blood supply to the nipples and resolution of the swelling before proceeding with nipple reduction.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Nipple reduction post gynecomastia

+2

Yes, the nipple height can be reduced.  I like the idea of waiting a few weeks after the debulking procedure.  Circulation to the nipple can be better assessed by a delay.  Some shrinkage may make a second procedure unnecessary.

H. Michael Roark, MD

Nipple Reduction for Men?

+1

Nipple reduction for men is a good procedure to treat prominent nipples. I do this procedure by removing a segment of nipple and covering the area with a superior nipple flap. The degree of flattening (most men want the result to be  almost flush with the areola)  can be tailored to the patient's requests.

The procedures done under local anesthesia,  requires very little downtime and is highly patient pleasing.

Persistent prominent nipples following gynecomastia surgery

+1

You are still relatively early in the postoperative period and a significant amount of swelling is still present. Given your appearance, I would wait at least 6 months, allowing for the swelling to subside and tissues to tighten up. If your nipples are still overprojecting at that point in time, then a nipple reduction can be performed under local anesthesia as a minor procedure.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Nipple reduction after gynecomastia surgery

+1

The chest area usually swells after gynecomastia surgery and it is best to wait at least 6 weeks before deciding whether you would like to proceed with nipple reduction surgery. This surgery may be performed as an office procedure and would decrease the prominence of the nipples and make them less visible under your clothing.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Relax!

+1

Your doctor was correct when he said that nipples generally stick out less after surgery since breast tissue was removed from beneath them during your surgery. Give yourself some time to allow for resolution of the swelling that always follows surgery. If the nipples are still too prominent after several months, they can easily be "trimmed" under local anesthesia.

George Sanders, MD

Nipple reduction following gynecomastia repair

+1

Nipple reduction can easily be performed at a later date as an office procedure. It is a relatively minor procedure and I would not be upset. The nipples will likely get less prominent as the swelling resolves.