Is Reduction Possible for Me?

I wear a 32k bra and have fibrocystic breasts. I have several masses in one breast that have been biopsied and found benign, with a marker left to aid mammograms. Is reduction possible for me?

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

There is nothing in your description that makes you a poor candidate for breast reduction surgery. The ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery is the patient who is in generally good health (physical,  psychological, psychosocial) and has achieved a long-term stable weight.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your situation in more detail.

Breast reduction possible after biopsy with marker

+1

Assuming you are in good health, you should be able to have breast reduction surgery.  The fact that you have had previous biopsies with markers left in place does not necessarily preclude surgery.  Your board certified plastic surgeon will most likely want to discuss your mammograms with your radiologist and make sure there are no areas of concern that are being followed by mammogram, as breast surgery could affect this.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Would need new base line mammogram following breast reduction surgery

+1

Depending upon your age and over all health condition you may be a candidate for a breast reduction.  It may make further mammogram studies of your breast easier.  You would need a new base line study 6 months to a year following your breast reduction.  Seek out a qualified plastic surgeon in your area.