I've had a reduction. which is best type of implant to create upper pole fullness and roundness. (Photo)

I had a reduction 17 years ago. I would like them to be fuller on top and rounder but I don't want them to look overly round and take on a fake appearance. Should I go with silicone or saline?

Loss of Breast Fullness after Reduction

+2
After the breast has lost fullness over the years following a breast reduction, the fullness can be restored by doing a lift and repositioning the tissues upward while removing the skin envelope or by an implant. Either a saline or silicone implant will do the job. However, I consider the new cohesive gel implants are presently the  best choice. See a plastic surgeon with significant experience in breast surgery to determine what is best to achieve your desires.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Best implant for upper pole fullness

+2
Be sure to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon with a large experience in breast surgery.  Over time, after a breast reduction you can lose volume.  Measurements are important in getting an implant with a diameter adequate to fill the upper pole.  Likely a round smooth silicone gel filled implant is going to be your best choice.  

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

You have to clearly show what you want so your surgeon will understand!

+2
The skin and breast tissue have be to tolerate the implant.  Some of the most difficult breast surgeries are thosee which have previous reduction surgery.  Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Type of Breast Implant

+2
There are many factors that go in to choosing the right implant. In your case, you have enough breast tissue to hide a saline implant under the muscle well or a silicone implant above the muscle. There are specific advantages to either type of implant and either location.  Round implants would help more than shaped implants, in your case. 
The value of a consultation is making certain that you are comfortable with all of the variables in an augmentation. If you feel like this has not been clearly defined by your surgeon, keep looking until you find a surgeon you like and trust.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole fullness

+2
Very good question. I think that your tissue envelope will cover any implant very well. You will do well with both saline and silicone. Your plastic surgeon will base the choice of implant on you breast width. I feel that round implant will give you the fullness that you are looking for. Finally, gel implants feel more natural in general. Good luck

Rami Ghurani, MD

Choosing a breast implant

+2
You have enough tissue to be happy with either saline or silicone but in my practice, over 90% choose gel for the better "feel." As for the best implant size, it is determined by matching the base width of your chest/breast and the width of the implant (diameter). The "profile" of the implant determines how natural or how excessively full you want to look. Moderate classic profile Mentors make an excellent natural look if that is what you want.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

I've had a reductiion17 years ago. I would like them to be fuller on top and rounder but I don't want them to look overly round

+1
Your breasts look excellent for having had a reduction 17 years ago. If you are happy with your breast size you might consider having them reshaped with a lollipop lift and avoid an implant.  If you do decide to enlarge them, I would be conservative to avoid the upper back, neck and shoulder pain which most likely prompted you to have the reduction in the first place. A small implant, either gel or saline would restore upper pole fullness, but you would still need a revision of the lift to position the nipples properly.  They are currently a little lower than ideal.

Linda Swanson, MD

Breast aug

+1

I believe that a 375- 400 cc gel high profile will be the best in order to give you volume, fullness and a great looking cleavage.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant not necessary for upper pole fullness

+1
The best technique to create natural upper pole fullness uses your breast tissue. You have not told us your bra or cup size but your breasts appear large. If you are satisfied with the size but just want upper pole fullness, the breasts can be reshaped using a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The breast tissue is reshaped to an implant like shape that creates upper pole fullness and added projection. The breasts would not be fake since there are no implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I've had a reduction. which is best type of implant to create upper pole fullness and roundness.

+1
Might consider a lifting operation plus a small implant or fat grafting as an answer to the issues you are having...