What Reduction and Lift Should I Get?

I have size 36F breasts, I have to run, wear body armor, and now I have back problems. I scar horribly (keloids) and I've been researching the options. I was told a Benelli wouldn't work, but it seems like the only option that would be minimally invasive and wouldn't scar me horribly. I need a breast reduction, but I have to find one that won't leave me with keloids so horrible I won't even want to look at myself in the mirror

What Reduction and Lift Should I Get?

+1

The Benelli lift would not allow for enough skin removal once the breast tissue is removed.   You will need either a vertical lift or a full breast lift to make this work.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Reduction Candidate and Scar Concerns?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your description and pictures you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most pleasing operations we perform.

In my practice I would offer you a full breast reduction procedure, involving incisions around areola, vertically and horizontally. Careful incision line/scar management would follow.

What Reduction and Lift Should I Get?

+1

Unfortunately you need a standard inverted T incision reduction/lifting operation/If you are a scar former than it would be a high risk. That is the trade off issue we see. large pendulous breast vs a smaller breast with incision scars. 

Breast reduction

+1

There are many different techniques for breast reduction but most will either leave you with a lollipop incision or an inverted "T".

Breast Reduction with least amount of scars

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

There is an option called the Mini Ultimate Breast Lift which only requires an incision around the areola. No vertical scar (weakens the lift) and no inframammary scar. But, you would have to undergo liposuction of your breasts first, then after 2 months undergo the MUBL. Your other option would be to undergo the full Ultimate Breast Lift which would require an incision around the areola and an inframammary scar. No vertical scar. The MUBL and the UBL techniques utilize a series of straps made from your own tissue to transfer the weight of your breasts off your skin (often is too weak and stretches out over time) on to your underlying muscles. This technique ensures that your lift has longevity and allows me to give you the upper pole fullness most women desire. Given your active lifestyle, you should look into it.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Question

+1

Hi Tayrn,

Thank you for the post and the pics. Based on the images, a standard full breast reduction is still the best answer. You would benefit from removing the excess skin and breast tissue as well as reshaping you. 
There is always a risk of keloid or hypertrophic scars. The scars can always be treated, but I believe that if you opt for a less invasion procedure to minimize the scar problem, you would not be happy with the resulting breast shape / size. 

You need to as healthy as possible before surgery: eat well, take a multivitamin and if you smoke, STOP! I would suggest a face to face consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and ask to see pics of his / her breast reductions. If you have questions, please let me know. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Type of Breast Reduction

+1

Based on your pictures, the only way to reduce your breasts would be with liposuction (typically not covered by insurance) but you may end up with very loose breast skin. Your best bet is to have the proper breast reduction surgery done and have your surgeon work with you on scar prevention. However, there is not way to guarantee that keloids won't happen. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Scarring and breast reduction

+1

Based on your pictures your only options are either a vertical or anchor scar to get reasonable shape. Scars can be mitigated with silicone gel sheeting and you may find that your breast scars will heal better than you think. The quality of life improvements you will get from a reduction should make it worthwhile for you. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon