Reducing Thickness of Flesh/skin Around Nostrils

I am Asian with a rather fleshy nose with a bulbous tip. My rhinoplasty has improved my tip definition. However, i notice my alars(which are also very fleshy) look more prominent and bigger now. I also did alar reduction, however it was done minimally as my wide alars were due to thick skin and not due to large nostrils. Is there anyway i can thin the skin around my nostrils to make it more balanced? Will the nose/nostrils skin naturally become thinner as I grow older? Thanks!

Pictures will help determining the exact cause. However, you seem to need an Alar Repositioning in order to improve the nasal base. This not only reduces you alars but place them closer together.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Reducing nostril thickness

There are a few ways to reduce the thickness of the nostrils. Depending on which method was used with your original alar reduction it may be possible to use additional techniques to improve your nasal balance.

You can check out my link below to read more about nostril narrowing options.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

Thinning out the alar rims

Yes, it can be thinned out by directly removing the fatty part of the alar rim. A pie wedge shaped piece is removed. The scar usually heals quite nicely.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

462 N. Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Alar Base Reduction

Alar base reduction is a popular procedure with Asians to decrease the width of the nasal base.  The alar base can be further reduced to achieve a more balanced proportion with the rest of your nose and face.  However, it is difficult to say what should or shouldn't be done for you without evaluating you first.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the goals you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210