Reducing the Skin Thickness on the Nose Non-invasively

could an alternative to rhinoplasty such as injecting a small amount of steroid into the nasal tip to reduce the thickness of the nasal skin be possible. Or is there a way to defat the skin from the outside through laser? maybe c02?. Or an injection? I like the size of my nose, but when i touch it I can feel that the tip and sides are a bit thick in the skin.

Thick nasal skin

+2

If you like the look of your nose there is no reason to consider any type of procedure.  If the skin feels thick but the aesthetic appearance does not need to be changed there is nothing to be gained by injections, surgery, or any other intervention.  Injections can thin the skin and the underlying tissue in an uneven way, can cause ulcers, and may lead to unsightly pigment changes.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Reducing the thickness of nose skin

+1

If the skin on the tip of your nose is thickened from chronic Acne Rosacea (Rhinophyma), it can be reduced by either Laser Resurfacing or by the Ellman  machine on Cutting/coagulation mode.

For mild cases, not necessarily Rhinophyma, Laser resurfacing alone can be effective. in many cases.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

I would caution you against trying to inject steroids to reduce the thickness of your nasal skin as that could potentially lead to unexpected outcomes.  The best way to achieve what you are looking for is to address the underlying anatomy to get the result you want.

Kimberly Lee, MD