Reducing Size of Implants? (photo)

I am 5'10" and 140 lbs. I currently have 325cc saline under the muscle and find them too large and fake feeling. I am considering 225ml Mentor Cohesive Gel implants so I have a more defined structure and shape but not large in size. I would like cleavage if I want it...but prefer a natural look most of the time. Any thoughts? My size before the saline implants was a B, now I am a D.

Breast size change

+1

If you are a D cup now then the reduction will take you to a c cup.  The cleavage will be comprimised but i would go to a moderate profile implant which is wider..

Size selection

+1

Recommending implant sizes for you depends on multiple factors.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  It is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you. You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

How to downsize when you already have implants...

+1

The best option I have for my patients is to intentionally deflate your saline implants (this won't work with gel implants) and re-size again using external sizers.  This gives you an accurate idea of what you will achieve with your new, smaller implants.  Don't forget to include the volume of the empty shell, estimated to be 20+ cc's.  This gives your breast tissue a chance to shrink down to your pre-augment appearance and a chance at a better plan that will provide you with what you want.  Good luck!

Curtis Wong, MD

Hello

+1

Without and exam it will be very hard to give you accurate advice.Removing 100 cc is not going to give you a huge difference in breast size. Getting saline or silicone is not going to give you the natural results. It has a lot to do with your body proportion and the amount of breast tissue your body has to offers.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Your plan may work nicely but you need to do your homework

+1

Downsizing breast implants can be a tricky proposition.  First, in order for you to see any difference towards a smaller pair of breasts, you do need to downsize by 75cc-100cc or more. So, your desired size may be just right.  But, making everything look right after downsizing has many factors to consider.  It can depend on the condition of your skin, whether you have any drooping as a result of your downsizing, and also, the size of the capsule (the pocket around the implant) at the present time.  So, a few consultations and direct exams are in order and proceed after you study the procedure carefully.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Switching to silicone

+1

Dear Erin.  One thing you should know is that saline and silicone volumes are not "apples to apples".  If you switched to a 325cc silicone (same shape and diameter), you would already appear about half a cup size smaller.  Saline tend to project more than silicone for the same volume.  If you dropped to 225cc silicone, I think you would be very disappointed. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Size of Implants?

+1

Thanks for the question and the photos. The photos with differing amounts of breast support are not as useful to me in answering your question as would be photos without clothing.

Nonetheless, if you feel you are too large, switching to a smaller implant makes sense, and if they fell fake, switching to silicone gel makes sense.

Size choice in a patient who has implants is a complex decision, and should be made in the consultation room. 100 cc may reduce your size by about half a cup size. your surgeon can help decide if that is an appropriate amount of reduction. The surgeon can also advise you as to whether you might wind up with skin excess that may need to be addressed.

Change to smaller breast implants? (photo)

+1

Your implants are really helping to fill that swimsuit top nicely.  225 is rather diminutive, especially for 70" tall, and the dimensions of your implant are more important than volume anyway.  A smaller implant will be more narrow, so you'll open up your intermammary space, a potentially undesirable aesthetic outcome.  The loose tank top (sans bra?) in the photo may be part of your problem.  Wear good support, sports bras and snug tops that show your beautiful shape.  Those 325's appear rather natural to me.

Steve Laverson, MD

Reducing the size of breast implants

+1

If you are considering to reduce the size of your breast imolants by 100 ml., you should expect that your breast size woud be reduced approximately by half of a conventional bra cup. It is a good idea to switch from saline to silicone and to cosider a modearte or high profile implants which is going to make up for the volume reduction without giving you a noticeable sagging. Of course your plastic surgeon could assist you to choose the most suitable implants for you.  

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Size of Implants?

+1

The posted photos are not of real help. But reducing the implant size is a very serious issue that over the internet is the incorrect venue to discuss. Best to obtain a few in person opinions from boarded PSs in your city. Best