Reducing Implant Size

I'm 5'8" 135lbs and had 400cc silicone implants done in Aug 2009; I believe they are mentor moderate plus. Asthetically I guess they look fine but I feel like they are huge! I'm not a very showy person and wanted C's, instead I'm a D/DD depending on where I shop. I don't know what to do.

Reducing Implant Size

+1

My guess is that you need at least a 150 200 cc reduction. Wtih a 200 cc implant you may want to remove them altotgether and go with  fat grafting to achieve selective upper pole fullnes.

Implant size reduction

+1

If you want smaller impalnts, then you cdertainly can get them. Without seing you, it would be hard to say if you woudl need a lift as well.

Replacing your present implants with a smaller version is the solution to your problem.

+1

The simple and only answer to your question is to replace your present implants with a smaller implant. The surgery to downsize is relatively straight  foward and involves generally a lesser recovery because there is no need to make internal implant pocket adjustments when going smaller. The challenge with this surgery is to decide upon the correct size implant to avoid additional dissatisfaction with your breast size. To reduce your breast by a full cup size will require an implant that is 150cc to 200cc smaller. Make sure you  carefully discuss your  size preference with your surgeon.

David A. Ross, MD

Revision breast augmentation is effective.

+1

Hi.

I am pretty sure you can be a C cup after revision breast augmentation.  This is a pretty common problem.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Downsizing implants

+1

Choosing implant size can be a bit tricky, and they don't predict cup size as well as one would like. We encourage our patients to focus on the look rather than the actual cup size. Hopefully you had some input into the size choice, but at this point there are a few things to consider when downsizing: One is whether the implants have stretched the skin enough so that a lift wuold be required in order to avoid the "rock in a sock" look. Another is predicting how much of a change is necessary to get the look you want. Most of the time a resonable reduction of 100 cc or so is enough and can be done without any lift or other adjustments.

Richard Baxter, MD

The effects of 400 cc's and decreasing implant volume

+1

Interestingly, I just answered a question about 400 cc implants in a woman with smaller dimensions than yours. She hasn't had them put in yet. Implants have to fit the breast if they're going to look natural and the second issue is knowing what effect a given dimension/volume implant is going to give. 

Mentor Moderate Plus is a saline implant but it they're mid-range profile in silicone then you still have the option of changing to a lower profile silicone implant with the same width. It's not generally a good idea to downsize the width of an implant in an established pocket/capsule, but you can decrease the forward profile and drop about a half cup size of forward projection/size. It's actually easier to increase implant size than decrease it. The tissues will accommodate out more predictably than shrinking down.

I would verify the size-type-dimension of your current implant and if it's not the smallest profile you can drop a half cup size by exchanging to a lower profile implant of the same or slightly less width. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Get smaller implants

+1

Talk you your surgeon -- there is nothing wrong with changing sizes. Some want bigger and some smaller - see what your surgeon says.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD