Will Reducing my Aerolas Make my Breast Look Better and Lift Them Slightly?

I had 450ccs placed under the muscle 2 years ago through crease. Originally I wanted the incision through the aerola but doc suggested crease..I still feel my aerolas are a little too large for my breast & would like them smaller. By reducing them can a doc also perform a slight lift through the same insicion? Will the result of a smaller aerola last? Will it make my breast shape less "pointy" and more round? So many questions; any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lifting the breast: reducing the areola and nipple

+1

Areola reduction is a surgical technique to remove excess areola and create symmetric, sensual, aesthetic nipple areaolar complexes.  The procedure is done utilizing and incision circumferentially around the areola, but typically blends and fades very well.  This is the same exact scar that you would have with a periareolar breast lift and so performing both procedures would allow you to maximize the beauty, symmetry and shape of both the breasts and areolas.  The problem with a periareolar lift is that it causes the breast to flatten and can only accomplish a limited amount of lift. Incorporating a vertical lift with the areola reduction can give you maximum results and sensual shape to both the breast and nipple/areolas. A detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you create the perfect surgical plan to rejuvenate your breast and create the sexy, symmetric results you desire.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction?

+1

Yes, you may be a good candidate for areola reduction. Fortunately, this is a procedure that can often be done under local or general anesthesia and is less invasive than your previous surgery.

It would be wise for you to consider the  scar that will result, around the  areola. The appearance of the scar may range from a fine line to a wide/thick/raise scar (that may require scar revision surgery).

You should also consider  other unfavorable sequelae resulting from this procedure. This may include asymmetric areola, loss or change of sensation, wound healing problems (possibly suture related), recurrence of the “spreading of the areola” and potential changing/flattening of the breasts' profiles (which may be desirable in your case)

Please make sure you're working with a well experienced/board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_inverted_nipple.htm

Areolar reduction

+1

Many times areolar reduction can have a slight lifting effect on the breasts.  It is important to see and examine the breasts to evaluate the best proportion and what realistic results can be expected from doing so.  This procedure, while technically not difficult, requires judgment and can have a wide variety of outcomes, some of which will be less satisfactory than the original problem.  Some times a vertical or "lollipop" lift  or "anchor" scar lift are required to adequately lift the breast, give the best shape and discourage the tareola from distorting or stretching significantly post-operatively. You should go back to your surgeon or seek another board certified plastic surgeon to get some advice about your particular situation.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction resulting in lift?

+1

Dear 7000xo,

Let me start by saying that without a full exam and some pictures it is difficult to give you a full answer.  Howevver, it is possible to do a breast lift via a periareolar incision.  There are specific candidates for this procedure and with an exam your surgeon can surely determine whether this procedure is for you.  The drawbacks of a periareolar mastopexy (breast lift) is that the areaola may again stretch out to an even bigger size and the incision around the areaola can become thickended and very visible.  There are other mastopexy techniques that are available that also allow for a reduction in your areolar size.  As always please see your plastic surgeon to discuss the available options.