Can an over Reduced De-projected Nose Cause the Upper Lip to Not Be Supported?

It has been 5 years after my rhinoplasty.I originally had a long nose with a tethered lip.My nasolabial angle is now very acute and my nose is much shorter and deprojected too much for my liking (I did have tip work done with and have a columella graft)& the upper lip feels weird.If I push up on the columella the upper lip feels much more supported and as it did before surgery.Is it possible the graft and tip position are not correct?If so can a revision rhinoplasty resupport the nose/lip?

Short Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

From your description I believe you have a "short nose" or "pig nose".  This can be corrected by de-rotating the nose down with extension grafts.  This will usually require an open rhinoplasty technique.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Over-rotated, short nose and upper lip problems

+1

It sounds like you may have an overly shortened, over-rotated nose from your prior surgery. This is something that can be address with a revision rhinoplasty procedure. It's hard to know what to make of your upper lip concerns without seeing it. You may be feeling changes to the area from the columella graft, but it's hard to say.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to offer any advice without photos.  An acute nasolabial angle and deprojected tip implies a retracted upper lip. This can be corrected with revision with a septal extension graft and tongue in groove tip suspension.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon