How To Reduce Wrinkling on Abdomen That Has Stretch Marks and Two C Section Scars

my stretch marks are 14 years old i am 33 years old i have had two c sections and the more weight i lose the wrinklier my skin appears on my stomach. what procedures or measures can be taken to solve this or help.

Tummy tuck for stretch marks

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss. From what you describe it is likely that a tummy tuck will remove many of the stretch marks and tighten your skin. I can't say for certain though without any photo to go by.  Best wishes.

How to get rid of stretch marks and wrinkled skin?

+1

This is a great question, and one that I am glad you are asking before you have the procedure performed.  There are multiple ways to improve the abdominal area after weight loss, pregnancy, or just aging, and if you ask 5 surgeons you will get 4 answers.  This is because there is no one perfect procedure for everyone.  The surgery must be tailored to achieve the best results for your specific body type and problem.

That said, anything short of a full tummy tuck with perhaps the addition of liposuction for you will not get you the results you would love and expect.  So don't be talked out of the full surgery just to save some money, because you will undoubtedly be back for another procedure later.  Hope this helps, Erez Sternberg, MD (Jacksonville, FL).

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

I would reccomend a tummy tuck after hearing your description. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Stretch Mark, Wrinkles and C-Section Scars on Abdomen

+1

Based on what you describe, a tummy tuck should be considered. A plastic surgeon can give you more details.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck gets rid of stretch marks

+1

Usually women who have had a few kids and have c section scars, wrinkly skin, and scars from stretch marks are best treated with a tummy tuck.  With a tummy tuck, we can usually cut out the skin from just above the belly button to just below the c-section scars.  This leaves a relatively tight, flat belly with much fewer stretch marks.

There are a variety of non-surgical methods that people have been trying, but most of these are popularized by non Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who do not have the training or privileges to perform tummy tucks in a hospital.

Make sure you visit a few Plastic Surgeons in your area and that they are Board Certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Then choose your favorite.  I find in San Antonio that most women are very happy with the results of their tummy tuck and would definitely do it again.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Stretch mark treatment

+1

1. What are stretch marks? It is common for women to develop stretch marks, also known as striae, of the lower abdominal skin due to tearing of the dermal layer of skin due to stretching of skin that occurs during pregnancy.  These stretch marks form in the dermis which is the layer of skin just below the most superficial layer of skin called the epidermis. 

2. Treatment options for stretch marks? Because the deeper layer of skin is affected, known as the dermis, stretch marks are unable to be completely removed with topical creams. Additionally, laser therapy may sometimes lighten the color of the stretch marks, but will not completely remove these stretch marks either.  Therefore, excision, or removal, of skin that contains the stretch marks is the only definitive treatment.  For abdominal skin, a tummy tuck is a nice option.

3.  What can a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) do?  A tummy tuck is an operation that will remove excess skin, wrinkles, and stretch marks of the lower abdomen.  Patients are left with a new scar, located on the lower abdomen, usually at the level of a c-section scar or lower.  Additionally, often an incision is made around the belly button as well.  Under the skin and fat layers, the muscles may be tightened (plicated) as well to help provide an improved contour to the waist and abdomen.

I definitely recommend you set up a consultation with a plastic surgeon!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Procedure?

+1

Based on the description you may be an excellent candidate for the tummy tuck procedure. This is best done when you have completed pregnancies and when you have achieved a long-term stable weight. The procedure involves " repair"  of the abdominal wall muscles (plication)  as well as removal of “excess” skin and adipose tissue.

Often,  the tummy tuck incision can be placed at the level of the previous C-section scar.

I would suggest in-person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.