How to Reduce Vertical Lines Above Lips?

You know the lines that you get when you purse your lips and as you get older don't go away. What can be used to reduce the appearance of those? Artefill? 6 years ago I had restylyn placed into those verticle lines and the end result was bumpiness which eventually resolved as the product dissolved. Anything that can be delivered to more subtly dissolve the appearance of these lines? At 40 I consider these premature. thank you!

Laser treatment of lip wrinkles

+1

I am strongly against fillers for this problem because as you found out there is a tendency for lumps to appear. I prefer lasers and subcision. You can see the results of this on my realself profile photos .

A well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may reduce the appearance of your upper lip vertical lines.

+1

Deep vertical lines in your upper lip should respond well to an Injectable Filler treatment. If the lines are too shallow at the tender age of 40, then that could explain the bumpiness you experienced. My personal preference for filling these wrinkles is Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon