How Do I Reduce my Underarm Fat with out Doing Surgery???

Underarm Fat Removal

+2

Your question reminds me of the lady I saw who weighed only 105 pounds, yet had excessive underarm fat. If she had tried weight loss, she would have looked too thin.

Exercising the arms will not take off fat in that area. The same goes for any other area.

The simplest treatment is liposuction using numbing just of the arm fat. This is called tumescent liposuction. Small instruments the size of spaghetti noodles are used to numb and then remove the fat. The arms are wrapped and most people can return to work the next day. One treatment is sufficient. How much easier could it be?

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for underarm fat

+1
While liposuction has many benefits, coolsculpting may be the preferred method for that. Consult with a board certified physician who can provide both surgical as we'll coolsculpting options so you have the ability to choose the best option for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Reducing Underarm Fat?

+1

It is in your  best interest to be seen in person by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Accurate diagnosis is critical in the decision-making process. For example, the “underarm fat” that you are referring to may be axillary breast tissue. Surgical treatment of the excess breast tissue may be different than that of excess adipose tissue.  Attempted liposuction of the excess tissue (if it is breast tissue)  may be unsuccessful. 

Nonsurgical techniques tend to be gimmicks. Again, please consult with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon for the best advice.

Non Surgical Upper Arm Reduction

+1

Excess fat in the upper arm is tough to treat.  Surgical excision works well, but leaves a noticeable scar.  Liposuction works OK, but does not tighten the skin and is still invasive.

Coolsculpting by Zeltig for the upper arms has worked well in my practice and is a nice non surgical option.  The technology and the machine is new.  There are 3 applicator heads available, non designed for the upper arms, yet the company claims it is working on a new head for the arms.  If one of the current heads fits onto your upper arm, then you can undergo a treatment.  It takes one hour for each arm and is not painful, you can watch TV or read a book while having the treatment.  There is no anesthesia, IV's or down time, you can return immediately to your normal routine.To find a doctor in your area go to the Zeltig web site.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical underarm fat removal

+1
Absent liposuction or weight loss, some non-invasive treatments including Thermage are available but their potential for success would be limited to patients seeking small improvements. Small cannula liposuction would produce a better result. Definitely seek a consultation with a board certified plastic wigeon to assess your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Reducing underarm fat

+1

Reducing underarm fat without surgery requires weight loss and exercise. If surgery is needed, liposuction with a small cannula works great as long as there is not excess skin.

Donna Rich, MD

Exciting options for Non surgical fat removal

+1

The gold standard for fat removal is still Liposuction.  That being said, we now have some new technologies that have promise.  Zeltiq is FDA approved for improving areas that have too much fat by freezing the fat cells without any surgical procedure, and with little disruption to your daily routine.  You should go in and be seen by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, one who is a member of ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery), as they could help you wade through the pros and cons of non surgical versus surgical reduction of your area.  It is an exciting time that we now have options!  But if you only have one thing to offer, and not both modalities, you will not get an unbiased opinion. 

My office just got the zeltiq machine, and we are very excited to offer different options to our patients.

Dan Mills, MD

Non-Surgical Fat Removal

+1

In terms of fat removal, all of the non-surgical means ( Zerona, cool lipo, endermologie, etc.) are very hit or miss and are mostly temporary changes. They generally require multiple treatments which are expensive, and some patients see no results.  Besides diet and exercise, working to tone the arms as much as possible, there are no real options besides some type of liposuction to the areas.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon