Can Anything Be Done to Reduce Tightness After Lower Blepharoplasty Nearly 2 Years Ago?

My skin below and around the eyes constantly feels tight with the movement restricted. Is there any surgical procedures, lasers, treatments or products that would help me with this problem?

Blepharoplasty Tightening Post-Operatively

+1

To my knowledge, none.  Prevention is the best step in blepharoplasty.  Do you actually have any sort of lid pulldown or shortening? It would be helpful to see photos for evaluation.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin tight 2 years after eyelid surgery

+1

You didn't mention whether it's the upper or lower eyelid skin that's tight, but when I see patients in consultation that have this issue, I suggest that they massage the skin in a manner that causes the tight skin to stretch and relax. Lasers, peels and more surgery will make things tighter not loose, so IMHO you may want to avoid those.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Tightness after blepharoplasty

+1

Tightness in the lower lid could be from a variety of causes.  The treatment might be as simple as scar massage or may involve complicated surgery.  It would definitely require a careful exam, so speak to your surgeon if you're still having problems.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Message for nom

+1
Too much skin or scarring can cause this. Laser will make it worse. You need to have examination for further evaluation. Messaging your lower lid with upward motion may help, but you need personal examination first.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tightness after lower blepharoplasty

+1

The answer depends on what is exactly is causing the tightness you are describing.  The lower eyelid is made up of three layers.  Thightness/scarring in any of those layers can give you the sensation you are describing. The tightness could also be in the outer corner of the eye (canthus).  They may or may not get better with time.  Surgery is an option to help alleviate the tightness.  You should consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

There are many options.

+1

John

WIthout a personal consultation it is impossible to know precisely what your issues are.  Generally the lower eyelid surgeries can create several types of problems including over shortening of the lower eyelid in either the horizontal or vertical direction or both.  Tightness can be from mechanical tissue restriction or this sensation can be a referred discomfort arising from corneal drying.  There are many options for addressing these issues.  Below is a reference to my website which has a great deal of information about these types of issues.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com/fixing/