Can You Reduce the Thickness of the White Lip?

Hi, I read that ideally your upper lip should sit 4mm behind the line that goes from your chin to the tip of your nose. My upper lip touches that line. I consulted a OMF surgeon. He said my teeth and jaw weren't the problem but my lips are too thick -that is not the red lip but the nasolabial part (between the nose and the red lip). Is there a way to reduce that part or to bring it closer onto the teeth? I'm thinking of something like an inverted lip lift. thanks!

Upper lip dimensions

+1

If you mean that the "WHITE" lip is too thick , meaningnthe skin is thick, you cant do anything about that. But I think you mean that the distance between the nosED and the vermillion ("RED" LIP) is too great. In that case the only procedure that will shortne nthe disatnce is a lip lift which can be either a vermillion advancement or a subnasal apoproach. The esthetics are not exactly the same and both potentially deal with an external scar. Consult with someone who dose these regularly.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thinning the white portion of the upper lip

+1

This is an interesting and most meticulous evaluation of your condition. I am not sure of the options for thinning or debulking the upper lip without possible loss or compromise of function.