What Can I Take to Reduce the Swelling After a Rhinoplasty and a Deep Chemical Peel. The Peel Was Done a Week After the Surgery?

Is been a week since I got a rhinoplasty and my nose is swollen, and I just got a deep chemical peel. I know my nose is going to be swollen for some time, but with the chemical peel I feel like my nose is going to stay swollen for a longer period untill I could feel ok going out in public. What can I take to reduce the swelling? Will eating alot of pineapple or taking Arnica Montana help? and will it have any bad affects because of the chemical peel.

Deep Chemical Clean At 1 Week After Your Rhinoplasty

+1

A deep chemical peel at one week after a rhinoplasty is not a good choice. I recommend that you contact your surgeon as soon as possible for an in-person examination to be able to assess the level of swelling you are expressing and then the appropriate remedy will be advised.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Rhino & Peel

+1

Better call your surgeon today and discuss your immediate post-operative care for your combination rhinoplasty and facial chemical peel.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon