How Do I Reduce the Size of my Nose? (photo)

I'm an 18 year old male & I'm wondering what surgery I'd have go through to make my nose look less big from the front. I think my nose looks fine from the side, just at the front it looks a bit bulbous and it makes my other features look smaller than they are. (they're pretty small already)

Straight-forward rhinoplasty to reduce and narrow nasal tip

+1

On the plus side, the bony part of your nasal dorsum appears to be adequately narrow, naturally. The excessive width appears to be limited to the cartilage of the midvault and in the nasal tip and supratip area.

Given these factors, your rhinoplasty surgery would involve narrowing the cartilage in both of these mid and lower areas of your nose.

I would do this with a closed rhinoplasty approach by removing some cartilage and then suturing the remaining cartilage back together in a narrower, more refined contour.

Your aesthetic goal would then be accomplished as your newly refined nasal tip will appear to fit more gracefully in harmony with the fine features of the rest of your face.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Do I Reduce the Size of my Nose?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose should be thin and more refined.  This would entail having a Closed Rhinoplasty where the nasal bones, upper lateral cartilages and nasal tip were thinned to a more naturally attractive shape.  Hope this helps.

Nasal reduction

+1

It appears that you have some isues with enlargement of the tip of your nose, or the lower third of the nose.  A physical exam is critical for a full assessment.  A tip rhinoplasty, with adjustment of the cartilages is possible and is often very beneficial.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

How Do I Reduce the Size of my Nose?

+1

Best to see in person a boarded doctor so to determine the best option of surgery for you. Good Luck. 

Good rhinoplasty candidate

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for tip rhinoplasty surgery, such as in the link below.  You do have cephalic malposition of the lateral crura which will need special techniques - not a cookie-cutter rhinoplasty

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty issues

+1

I think that the best way to properly evaluate your nose is to go for a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon. Photos that are not taken professionally can distort things.

Reducing Size of Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty will be necessary to reduce the size of your nose and correct the deviation. All nasal surgery is individualized so you do not have to change the profile. However I suggest you submit additional pictures. Go to our website for instructions on how to take pictures for nasal evaluation.

Rhinoplasty for round tip

+1

Your posted photos are inadequate for a full assessment but it looks like the angle of divergence between the tip cartilages is too narrow. This makes the nostril rims look notched, especially on the right, and narrows the nostrils. I suspect that trimming the upper edge of the tip cartilages and placement of cartilage sutures to increase the angle of divergence will help.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Osteotomy and rasping

+1

I would break your nasal bones and use a rasp to thin out the sides of your nose.  This will narrow the middle third of your nose and will be narrower from the front view. 

Always go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Look at lots of his pics to be sure he or she will make your happy. Imaging can help. 

Good Luck, 

Andrew Cohen, M.D. 

Andrew T. Cohen, MD