How to reduce the extra swelling after Rhinoplasty

I had surgery 3 weeks ago and I have extra swelling, meaning my nose is worst than before. I know it takes about a year, to see your final results but is there anyway I can reduce the swelling?

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
Swelling after rhinoplasty can really be variable and depends on multiple factors including the type of approach used, degree of work that needed to be done, prior surgeries, and individual factors. Some patients do have visible swelling that lingers for several weeks and even up to a couple of months in some cases, but as you are aware, it really takes a full year for everything to settle. Unfortunately, in most cases, there is not much that you can do to help speed the recovery aside from time and patience. In some cases of persistent swelling in the nasal tip region, your surgeon may inject a small amount of steroid to help with this. If you feel there is something abnormal about the degree of swelling, I would encourage you to see your surgeon for evaluation.

Good luck!

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon