How Can I Reduce Swelling 6 Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation?

I just saw my PS for my 6 week post op appointment. The swelling on the top portion of my breasts haven't gone down. What can I do to reduce the swelling this far post-op?

Reducing swelling after Breast Augmentation

+2

At this point in your recovery, it is normal for you to still notice some swelling. Most of the swelling should subside within 2-4 months.  My patient's are instruced to massage the breast to help soften the implants and help them settle into the pockets.  Some "swelling" at the top of the breasts may, in fact, be the implants- they normally require months to a year to settle or drop into their final position.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Most likely it is high sitting implant

+1

the fullness you see at the top of breast is most likley high sitting implant, not the swelling. The implant should settle down within few months, and the fullness should subside. Hopefully dual plane breast augmentation is done, so implant will settle for sure.

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Swelling over the top of the breast after breast implants

+1

After six weeks there is actually little swelling in the breast after breast augmentation. The fullness or swelling  on the top of the breast is due to the implant riding high or pushing up in the pocket. This can happen if the skin envelop or skin along the fold is tight, the implant is particularly large, or if the lower pocket was not fully released. You can use a compression band over the to of the breast at night to encourage the skin to relax and conform to the implant, and the process can take a month or two longer so be patient.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Please send your pictures

+1

The swelling can be high positioned implants or capsular contracture. You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Massage breasts

+1

'swelling' on top of your implants may in fact be your implants.  They may have not yet descended and you may need downward massage to help them move.  Depending on how your surgery was done, sometimes it can take up to 3 months for the implants to fully descend (if they are under the muscle) as it takes some time for the muscle fibres to fully relax and stretch

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Web reference: http://www.plastica.ca/cosmetic-sub-breast-enlargement