What Can Reduce Swelling After Rhinoplasty (4 Months Postop)?

I had a rhinoplasty to remove a small hump on my nasal bridge. After the surgery my tip and nose in general is so much thicker and fuller then it was before. I didn't have any work done on my tip since that didn't bother me, the only thing that was done was that my nasal bridge got shaved down a little bit. I am 4 month postop. What are my options to help get my nose to its original size?

Swelling after rhinoplasty probably best left alone.

+1

If your trend is favorable meaning the swelling is getting better albeit slowly I would recommend you leave it alone. Steroids are sometimes used but can have negative consequences.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, the thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not tip work was performed. It would be best to give it some time and see how you continue to heal. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swelling and rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling at 4 months is normal after a rhinoplasty and it may take up to a year and sometimes longer for the nose swelling to go down.

Swelling at 4 months after rhinoplasty

+1

There is really nothing that you can do to decrease swelling at this point, it just takes time.  Given another 4 months you will be closer to your goal.  

Reduce Swelling After Rhinoplasty?

+1

The best advice I can give is that 4 months postop is still fairly early in the course of healing.  The swelling present at 4 months post Rhinoplasty is likely to improve significantly over the course of the next 8 months.  Without pictures or an examination, it is very difficult to give further meaningful advice.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon