How to Reduce Redness After Laser Treatment?

i had an accident on my face resulting a 2 1/2 inch scar and had done 2 surgery and 10 times laser, it turn out better. However the redness is still obvious, so how do i reduce or remove the redness? regards

Redness in scar can benefit from pulsed dye laser

+3

Redness in a scar is part of the healing process-- depending on the patient's skin type, it can take 1-2 month to improve.  It sounds like you had recent treatments to surgically treat the scar as well as lasers.  It would be helpful to know how long ago these were done, as well as the type of laser that was used.  If treatments were done recently, I would use sunscreen to the area (as increased sun exposure can cause further redness to the scar initially) and give it time to fade.  From the photo, it looks like the scar is mostly red-- I do not see any significant textural change or thickening in the scar.  The redness response is part of the body's way to recruit cells to heal up the area-- sometimes it is best to give it time and to do less, rather than more to it.   If the redness has been there for a while, I would use a pulsed dye laser on low settings.

Dr. Margaret Mann

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Reduce Redness

+2

It would be best to schedule a consultation so that the provider may assess the skin and redness.  However, there are options.  Looking at your picture, you might benefit from IPL and Fractional Skin Resurfacing to help improve the appearance and texture of the scar. You state that you have had 10 laser treatments.  I would be curious to know which ones.  There are several pharmaceutical skin lightening creams available to you.  

Altamonte Springs Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reduce redness with the VBeam laser

+1

I would treat this red scar with the VBeam pulsed dye laser to reduce the redness of the scar. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Reducing the redness in your cheek

+1

It would be important to know which laser or light treatment you have had thusfar and which type of clinic was performing this - ideally overseen by a skin expert such as a dermatologist. I think you would most benefit from an IPL or BBL light treatment, and/or Vbeam laser. There appears to be perhaps some irritation at the site which may benefit from medicated creams like steroids for 1-2 weeks; make sure to see your dermatologist to review your skin.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL or pulsed dye laser to improve the redness

+1

Intense pulsed light or pulsed dye laser treatments would help fade the redness and also stimulate some collagen to improve the scar as well.

Toronto Dermatologist

Laser Surgery

+1

The use of the Vbeam by Candela has proven to be effective on the redness present in scar tissue.  How many treatments and for how long you will benefit remain to be seen.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Laser redness

+1

So much depends on what lasers were already used on you.  The Vbeam vascular laser would be very helpful to decrease the redness.  Time to heal further may also help the redness fade on its own if your (probably ablative) laser repair was recent.  Sun protection is paramount in protecting the area.

Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL therapy can reduce redness

+1

IPL therapy can reduce redness. Whle this is a form of laser light it can be tailored to reduce blood vessels and post inflammatory pigment.

Chicago Dermatologist

Vascular lasers

+1

The treatment of this would vary depending on multiple variables including your skin type

Some people might benefit from a vascular laser treatment.  This type of treatment is not suitable for all skin types and may not be suitable for yours

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon