Reduce Nose Length and Nostril Size? (photo)

I would like reduce the length and nostril size. Also, some of the top to be taken down I've simulated results I'm looking to achieve, is this a reasonable outcome?

Nostril reduction

+2

The computer simulation shown is  a reasonable , attainable result.  Nostril reduction will most likely not be needed, just simply tucking in  the caudal septum will accomplish your goal in the photos.  See our website for similar examples

Reasonable Outcome

+2

This should be reasonable to obtain.  Realize that a nose on the operating table a certain way, but individual healing factors play a role as well.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Some aspects of computer imaging are worthwhile but others are not.  They can give a rough idea of potential outcomes but in no way can guaranteee results.  Certain aspects of your photoshopping may be reasonable. An exam in person is essential to see what is possible for you.

What Type Of Results To Expect After A Rhinoplasty

+2

Michael D, Its great that you have taken the time to create a visual of your desired result. With that said there are a few things that contribute to the final esthetic of a rhinoplasty.  Your medical history is one, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that can take the time to review your desired results and give you a proper evaluation. Assuming that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty it seems like your desired result is reasonable. Best of luck to you. 

Gabriel Salloum, MD

Tension tip, columellar alar disproportion

+1

You have what is classically referred to as a tension tip.  The nasal tip is projected too far away from the face.  This length thinness the nostrils as well as creating a very obtuse angle between the upper lip and nose.  The projection of your tip and the length of the lower nostrils can be corrected to enhance your profile.  It would most likely be necessary to perform reduction of the alar lobule to shorten the length of the side wall of the nostril to maintain the appropriate proportions.  This is frequently done in conjunction with a rhinoplasty.  By reducing the projection of your nose it would also create a less rotated, turned up appearance.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nasal length with rhinoplasty

+1

From your provided profile view photos your simulated results seem reasonable. Part of your issue an an overly projecting caudal septum which is pushing your columella outward.

An in person exam and seeing other views of your nose would allow for a more precise assessment, of course.

You can check out my web reference link below to learn more about reducing nasal length.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty results

+1

Your modification of your pictures is , in my opinion, a reasonable result of a rhinoplasty.  Just to be precise; your nostrils will change shape, but not size.  You do not need a nostril reduction.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Reducing Nasal Length and Nostril Size

+1

Your Morphing does demonstrate a reasonable result. I hope people notice what you did in this post - you have demonstrated the fact that it is much easier to get a result on the computer than it is in the operating room. Choosing a surgeon will be the most difficult part of having a rhinoplasty. Select a surgeon who lets you see patients or pictures of actual patients who had a nose like yours before surgery. Morphing can be just a marketing tool.

Rhinoplasty for shortening and reducing nostril size.

+1

The general answer is yes but I would need to do an examination of your nose to give you a proper answer.