Can I Reduce Nose Bridge Hump Without Rhinoplasty?

I have a big hump on my nose bridge and I think that at least reducing it a bit might help my profile to look better...But there's no way for me or my family to afford a Rhinoplasty. (I'm 23 years old, female). When I touch it, the bone feels spiky in that area and you can kind of notice the spiky bone through the skin. It's almost as if the bone could pierce through my skin and come out. It really makes me feel self-conscious and I get depressed by it a lot. Maybe there's another alternatives.?

Rhinoplasty without surgery

+1

There is no way to remove a hump without surgery.  However,  no-surgery rhinoplasty can be done with properly placed fillers.above and below the hump if it isn't too large to give a similar effect.   Unfortunately, the effect is temporary (6 months to 2 years).  

Reducing nasal hump without surgery

+1

There is a way to perform a non-surgical rhinoplasty to reduce the appearance of a hump using a filler such as radiesse. The filler is placed above and/or below the hump to make the profile straighter. These fillers aren't permanent, however.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nasal hump reduction

+1

By definition, adjusting the dorsal hump is a rhinoplasty (a rose by any other name......).

If cost is a factor consider going to a local university training program for reduced-fee cosmetic surgery to be performed by trainees under supervision of faculty.  You might also be able to find a sympathetic plastic surgeon who would be willing to rasp down the irregular bone contours in the office at a reduced rate as compared to the cost of a full-on rhinoplasty.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Substantial nasal hump needs surgery to be removed

+1

With the description that you have provided, there is no way that your nasal hump can be removed without surgery - a rhinoplasty. (Photos would be helpful to further confirm this.) Fillers can provide some camouflage for the most minor irregularities and are also temporary but this does not appear to be your situation.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Non surgical hump reduction

+1

Unfortunately there is no way to reduce a nasal hump without surgery. it is bone and cartilage and we have no way of melting this or heating this to reduce it. It must be physically removed in surgery. The good news is that this is a common procedure and patients are usually quite happy with the results of this surgery. 

Jay Burns, MD

+1

Can I Reduce Nose Bridge Hump Without Rhinoplasty?  No, you won't be able to reduce the dorsal hump which is made up of cartilage and/or nasal bone without a Rhinoplasty.  You can soften and hide the hump by adding a filler, to the nose, but since fillers add volume the nose will be bigger after the filler is injected, not smaller.

Rhinoplasty Hump Improvement

+1

I agree, fillers can help soften the severity of the hump until a formal rhinoplasty can be performed.  Surgery is the only permanent way to improve the look of the nose.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hump Removal on the Nose

+1

Really the best solution to a nasal hump is surgery.  As mentioned, there are tricks to soften the hump using injectable fillers like Radiesse, but this solution is so short lived and costly enough that a Rhinoplasty really works out best.  Hump removal in the hands of a good rhinoplasty surgery is typically very predictable with virtually no discomfort and about 7 days until you can look normal.

A fun tool can be found on my website with which you can modify photographs of yourself to see what you might look like.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your picture would have helped

+1

The only way to remove the hump is surgery . The other alternative is injection of the fillers to camouflage the hump if you are a candidate. The fillers are temporary and will need re injections.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon