How to Reduce or Improve the Downtime for a TCA 30% Peel?

I only left the TCA 30 on my skin for about 2 minutes. My skin was not as red as I thought, but then again, I only left it on for 2 minutes instead of the recommended 4-5. My skin did peel a lot, after it got crinkly, and the entire skin peeled. I'm afraid that I would look not representable to the public for way too long if I leave it on longer. I did moisturize like crazy. The peeling itself is not that bad, but it's the very brownish looking skin, that will then turn VERY red.

At home TCA Peel

+1

You really need to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. A TCA peel  should be performed under the direction of a reputable physician with the proper training.  Pre and post procedural care is extremely important for favorable results.  

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improve the Downtime for a TCA 30% Peel?

+1

From your post it sounds like you self treated. I'm TOTALLY against this. Seek in person evaluation. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Prepping for a 30% TCA Peel

+1

Using 30% Trichloroacetic Acid on the skin is not a home procedure.  It sounds like you are having some features of a typical reaction to TCA placed on skin that is not primed for a peel.  I would never recommend using something like 30% TCA at home, even by someone with experience.  30% TCA peeling if not done properly can result in uneven pigmentation at best and scarring in bad circumstances.  There is a reason this is largely left to physicians, even in places with less stringent guidelines than in the US.

That being said, there are definitely ways to prime your skin for a peel beforehand to reduce or improve the downtime associated with your peel.  The list includes Vitamin A &C, Retin-A, Glycolic acid washes, Clarisonic and Omnilux LED treatments.  There are benefits of different regimens and a specific regimen should be calculated with your skin risks and cosmetic complaints.  Good luck!

Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon