How Much Can You Reduce Your Implants by Without Having to Get an Uplift?

I'm 26 years old, 32D, with a 280cc anatomical cohesive gel in my left breast and a 345cc in my right. I'm unhappy with the size and I want to reduce them, but my surgeon says she doesn't want to risk taking out more than 70cc because there is a chance I will be left with loose skin. From what I have read 70cc won't make a big difference but I don't want an uplift. I have good skin elasticity but I have had the implants for around 7 years now. I'd really appreciate some other points of view!

Downsizing breast implant and need for lift

+1

The 70 cc volume is relatively negliglbile and my main concern is that if you reduce the implants by this much, will you really notice a difference? In my opinion, it would ncot be worth the procedure? However, with good skin elasticity as you state, I do not beleive you would require a lift

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/implant-replacement/

When do you need a lift

+1

There are 2 reasons for needing a lift.  The first is purely anatomical based on having the nipple near, at or below the crease below the breast and or pointing downward.  The second is if you feel that you would be happier with pert and perky youthful toned breasts with higher nipples even if it meant scars to get there.

Breast implant reduction and need for a lift

+1

It is impossible to tell whether or not you would need a breast lift after a change in implant volume without observing how the breasts would respond to the change in implant size.

Decreasing implant size may cause saggy skin.

+1

While I do agree that 70cc is not really much fluid, it really depends on the condition of your skin right now.  Age, prior pregnancy, skin type, and weight changes all affect your elasticity and ability of the breast to tighten up around a smaller implant,

Implant deflation

+1

It is impossible to answer your question without an examination. Furthermore, if you are talking about simply removing fluid from a saline implant, there is a limit to this since the implants come with recommended fill volumes and you cannot remove 70 ccs. without going below the minimum fill volume that will increase the chance of rippling and leakage.