How to Reduce Granular Tissue and Swelling After a Jaw Implant Surgery

I received a jaw implant surgery 2 months ago to address asymmetry. After 2 weeks, I noticed a fluid in my mouth that tasted foul & went back to the doctor three times before he noted there was an opening & granular tissue. Swelling had been continual, but has recently subsided. He has treated granular tissue twice with silver nitrate, but it comes back. He has not sutured it. How can I cure the granular tissue/swelling as soon as possible? I do not know who to turn to help me properly address

Jaw Implant

+1

The biggest concern is potential infection of the implant, which needs to be addressed with antibiotics and implant removal IF indeed there is an infection.  Once any infection is cleared, the granulation tissue can be removed and the hole surgically closed.

You may have a low grade implant infection.

+1

Has your surgeon also had you on antibiotics?  If so this may be appropriately suppressing the infection.  It actually sound like you may have a drain intraoral fistula from the infected implant.  Is there direct tenderness when you press on the implant? Is the discharge foul smelling?  Surgeons can sometimes be in a state of denial when implants become infected.  While it is rarely possible to provide long term intravenous antibiotics and clear these infections, doing so requires the placement of long term venous access like a PICC line.  For these reasons if your implant is infected, implant removal is generally a better option.  I would directly ask your surgeon if your implant is infected, if he or she has dealt with this situation before, realistically what are your options.  If you are not getting the answers you need, consider getting a second opinion.