Is It Possible to Reduce Distance from Nose to Lips with a Lip Lift & Reduction? (photo)

The problem is, my upper lip is already larger than my lower lip. I really don't want a lip lift to make it even larger, and I'm afraid if I get both a lip lift and reduction, I won't be able to close my mouth. What should I do? By the way, I am not interested in making a lower lip larger, but I am going for a chin implant one day. Thanks so much!

Is It Possible to Reduce Distance from Nose to Lips with a Lip Lift & Reduction?

+1

Overall, your lower third (base of nose to chin) is small and smaller than your middle and upper third. You mentioned a chin implant and I believe that is the best option for you to balance your facial proportions. Rather than shortening your upper lip a chin implant can lengthen the lower third of your face providing a more balanced appearance. Your lips are very nice and full and a lip lift is definitely not the correct solution. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift?

+1

You don't need a lip lift. The distance between your nose and chin is normal. While your upper lift is larger than the lower as you noted, your lips look beautiful. If you are absolutely certain that you want your upper lip to be smaller, a lip reduction procedure can be done under local anesthesia. My advice, enjoy your already beautiful appearance.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon