How Can I Reduce Crepey Wrinkles Under Eyes After Bleph and Fillers?

in April/12 I had upper/lower bleph, a SMAS lift, then in June resty and juvaderm under eyes and cheeks - also Botox I've had a few touchups in Aug and 2 silkpeels. I very athletic and body soaks up fillers - skin under eyes is still very crepey and fine wrinkles at rest in broad daylight and more so when I smile. how can I treat this without lasers? will chemical peel help smooth out wrinkles, if so what type n strength? I tried retinol and got more wrinkles. I'm 47 don't want to worsen eyes.

Best Treatment for Crepey Wrinkles Under Eyes After Bleph and Fillers

+2

Hi A,

I have found that using Fraxel repair (fractionated CO2) resurfacing is the best treatment to reduce the crepey wrinkles under eyes after blepharoplasty and fillers.  In many patients I now treat the lower lid area with Ulthera prior to laser.  Choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Treatment of Under Eye Wrinkles

+1

There are many different causes for under eye wrinkles, each requiring a different treatment.  If skin redundancy is the predominant factor then a skin pinch or surgical removal would be best.  If there is a significant amount of volume loss then volume replacement would be preferred.  Either fillers such a Restylane or your own fat can be used.  When there are intrinsic changes to the skin causing the crepe without significant skin excess then a laser or peel would work best.  Given that you’ve had previous surgery extra care needs to be taken with any invasive treatments to the lower eyelid.  Hope that helps.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid wrinkles without laser

+1

Hi.  Our first recommendation for crepey under eye wrinkles would be a combination of profractional for tightening and microlaserpeel for resurfacing.  However, if laser isn't an option for you then a series of chemical peels would be the next option.  There are several different peels on the market for providers to choose from.  Schedule a personal skin analysis to determine which one would be best for your needs.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid skin issue

+1

Fine lines and wrinkles can be softened with lasers or peels. Loose skin can be treated with a simple skin pinch in many cases.  An evaluation in person is key and sometimes a canthopexy is in order.

Lower eyelid wrinkles

+1

For static lower eyelid wrinkles, either chemical peel or laser should be useful to improve the skin quality of the lower eyelids.  If there is actual excess skin, then skin pinch blepharoplasty may help.  For dynamic lower eyelid wrinkles, botulinum toxin injections are useful.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon