Surgery Best to Reduce a Bump on the Middle of the Nose or Make Shorter?

I'm looking to get rid of little bump on my nose and /or make it a bit shorter. Do I have to go through surgery and how much it cost?

Shortening the nose by rotating the tip will make the hump or bump appear smaller

+2

The short answer, in my opinion, is to make your nose shorter by elevating the tip. This will create the impression of a smaller bump as well as a shorter nose.

Rhinoplasty for long nose

+1

It is possible to make the nose shorter and lift the tip a bit with rhinoplasty.  Based on your picture you appear to be a good candidate.  The cost  of rhinoplasty varies greatly between surgeons.

Sam Naficy, MD

Reducing nasal bump and shortening nose requires Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, indeed you have to go through rhinoplasty to remove a bump on your nose. It is not a good idea to undergo injections into the nose because there has been a high complication rate with those. The average cost of a rhinoplasty is between $5,500 and $6,000.

Rhinoplasty Surgery may be used to remove a profile-bump and to shorten your nose.

+1

The photo you posted is low resolution, but you appear to have a long nose with a dependent tip that droops with smiling. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty will not be effective for shortening your nose. Nasal shortening, tip repositioning, and bump removal are common concerns that may be addressed by well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing Bump and Shortening Nose

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery is the best way to achieve the desired changes. A young lady like youself shoud strive to achieve the best results, which will last the rest of your life. Costs do vary, but this is easy to determine by calling offices of experienced rhinoplasty surgeons.

Reducing bump on nose

+1

In answer to your question, the only way to obtain the result you want is to have a surgical procedure referred to as Rhinoplasty. You will need to meet with a surgeon in order to get the exact cost for the procedure. There are a couple of factors that determine the cost of the procedure and those are complexity and the amount of time necessary to do the surgery. These determine the cost for the surgeon's fee, the operating room and the cost for the anesthesiologist. In my practice in Atlanta, the total cost is in the range of $5000 to $9000.

When you begin your search for the surgeon to perform your Rhinoplasty, you should seek a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who will typically be Board Certified as an Otolaryngologist as well. A good surgeon will have examples (before and after pictures) of patients who have had the surgery done by him or her. They should also be able to show you an image of yourself that will give you a concept of how you would look after the surgery.

Arnold Zweig, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for "bump" on nose

+1

To make any changes to your nose, you will need to have a rhinoplasty. What is done during the rhinoplasty really depends on your anatomy. Also, what may appear as just a bump to you, may actually be more involved internally. It is best to have a consultation with your plastic surgeon and have an intranasal examination prior to planning your surgery. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Bump on nose - rhinoplasty

+1

It looks as though you are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty.

A well done rhinoplasty can remove the hump on your bridge, and also make it look shorter. You should plan on a recovery period of about a week, and approximately two weeks before you feel able to engage in important public events.

Your results will slowly improve over the course of a year.

Good luck.

Behrooz Torkian, MD

Rhinoplasty in Atlanta

+1

Hi Anon,

Yes, to get rid of the little bump on your nose and shorten it as well would involve rhinoplasty surgery. In the Atlanta area consult with William Silver, MD. The cost of the surgery may vary from $5000 to $20,000 depending on the surgeon. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Reduction rhinoplasty

+1

Reduction rhinoplasty is often performed to take down a nasal bump or hump. Depending upon how much reduction is performed, this can have the effect of making the nose appear shorter. Additional techniques may need to be employed as well to make your nose shorter depending upon your aesthetic concerns. Also, if you want the tip rotated slightly that is another way of making the nose appear shorter. These are general guidelines. Any procedure to make those alterations to your nose by definition is surgical in nature. However, the level of anesthesia can vary depending upon your and the surgeon's preference. Prices can vary depending upon your location and the amount of rhinoplasty work that your require. If it is limited, it can range from 2500 to up to 6000 dollars depending upon anesthesia, facility and the professional fee. These are ball park estimates. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon