Possible to Reduce Breasts from 38DD to B Cup?

hi, i am 20 yrs old, 5'3" and weigh 148lb. i plan to get a breast reduction nxt year, i want to be a B cup so i will be able and comfortable in fulfilling my career and training.

How small can you go?

+1

When I'm seeing a really large breasted patient who wants to be a lot smaller, I explain to them that they need to retain enough breast tissue to support the blood and nerve supply to the nipple and areola.  The amount of breast tissue that needs to preserved depends a lot on how saggy the patient is.  It's also important to aim for a size that fits the patients general build. 

I never, ever guarantee a bra size because bra sizes are all over the place (like all women's clothing).  Also, remember that your surgeon cannot take someone else's perky b cup breast and put it on your chest. 

Make sure you have good communication with your surgeon regarding you wishes and understand that he/she does have limitations as to what they can acheive based on your anatomy.

Breast reductions diminish breast volume - they do not guarantee a cup size

+1

A reduction certainly sounds like it could be of benefit to you in your near future.  But going from a DD to a B cup is extreme and you must be certain you will be happy with this.  In addition, any contnued weight loss will also diminish your breast volume so you could end up even smaller than desired.  You can always tweak your results with liposuction or additional excision if a B cup was the only result you could live with.  Just make sure you really want this as you know how the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Curtis Wong, MD

Reducing cup size from DD to B may be possible but...

+1

It may be possible to reduce your cup size from a DD to a B but there are too many variables to definitively answer this as well as achieve it with surgery. One of the variables are differences in bra manufacturers' cup sizes (non-standardization) where one's B cup is identical to another's C cup. Also, do you really know what a B cup is? Many women claim that they want a B cup yet describe a C cup size in every way.

When you are ready for your consultation, make sure you fully share your goals, etc. with your plastic surgeon. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Reduction

+1
Having a reduction to that size is possible. Without an exam It's hard to give an accurate respond. From DD to B is a huge difference make sure that's really what you want.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

+1

There is no way to make a specific cup size with surgery. Be sure to discuss your needs thoroughly with your surgeon and show him pictures of female torsos that are of a proportion you would be comfortable with so he can give you an idea of whaether that is possible.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction from DD to B Cup?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, basedon the description of your body type, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; It is one of the most patient pleasing operations plastic surgeons perform.

It will be difficult to predict the exact the cup size you will wear after your surgery ( given that brought cups sizes vary from one bra manufacturer to another).  I highly recommend that you communicate your goals  clearly to your surgeon.  I like to communicate with the help of goal photos.  Show your plastic surgeon examples of breast sizes that you like as well as breasts that are too small or too big. Also communicate with him/her your "career and training” plans.

My suggestion to most of my patients is to reduce the breasts enough to help alleviate neck back shoulder discomfort while leaving enough breasts tissue in place to maintain proportionality of the upper and lower torso.  The resulting cup size becomes almost irrelevant.