Is It Possible to Reduce Breast Size from a B/C to an A? (photo)

Current details: I am a B/C cup. I am currently in the process of losing weight to reduce my overall weight and breast size. I am 5'3" and currently weigh 155 pounds. My goal is 130 pounds by the end of summer. I am thirty years old and am never going to birth children. I want to reduce them to an A for a multitude of reasons. Is this possible?

Breast reduction to an 'A' cup... yes it's possible

+1

Reduction is always possible. However, the more the breasts are reduced the more post-operative nipple sensitivity can become a problem.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Reduction from B to A

+1

is possible but you would be trading the size difference for potential scars, nipple numbness, contour irregularities, inadequate reduction and persistent asymmetries.  As you plan to lose weight, your breasts may reduce in size that a reduction may no longer be desired by you. 

Regardless, focus on your weight loss then find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation and consider getting more than one opinion.  Best to you in achieving your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Going to an A cup from a B/C

+1

Basically going from a B/C to an A is making you very flat. If you are losing weight you are better off waiting, they may get smaller. An exam in person will allow a more specific treatment option.

Is It Possible to Reduce Breast Size from a B/C to an A?

+1

Interesting question and thanks for the posted photo. Do weight loss first to see the reduced breast appearance. Than I might consider VASER to the breast in a minor operation. Final either an inferior pedicle reduction or a simple mastecomy nipple/areolar sparing as a last resort. Good luck. 

Maximal Breast Reduction Technique

+1

The question you are really asking is whether you can essentially be completely flat, regardless of what your weight does. With the standard inferior pedicle technique for breast reduction, you could not get completely flat because some breast tissue must be maintained to keep the nipple alive. You would still be left with some mound presence, most likely being  a small B cup. The only technique to get your chest flat is a free nipple grafting breast reductiontechnique where all the breast tissue can be removed and the nipple put back as a free skin graft. That will remove any semblence of a breast mound. Whether the scars are worth that amount of breast reduction is an issue to seriously consider.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Can you reduce a small breast.

+1

The technical answer is that you can indeed have a breast reduction.  Because you're actively losing weight and it would probably make sense to wait until you are at or close to your final goal.  It is likely that your breasts will become even smaller simply with the weight loss.  At that point to you may wish to discuss your goals and motivations with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction from B to A

+1
Your breasts are a reasonable size now in proportion to your body. First lose all the weight intended and then reassess; your breasts may become smaller in proportion. It is important to discuss openly with your plastic surgeon the reasons that you desire reduction given the current size of the breasts. I would be uncomfortable performing surgery without understanding your motivations. I can understand why a ballet dancer, who is expected to have a certain appearance, would want to minimize the size of her breasts, but your reasoning would need to be explored in consultation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Reducing Breast Size

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

I would suggest that you lose all of  the weight that you are wanting to lose (from 155lbs to 130lbs) and see how that affects your breasts.  Normally, when a patient loses weight, their breast size will also reduce.

After you are at a stable weight, I would then suggest visiting with a well experienced plastic surgeon to talk about your options and your reasoning for wanting to reduce the size of your breasts.  I would ask that you take in photos of what you want to achieve.

There are risks associated with any type of surgery and  you may find that after the weight loss, you like the size of your breasts.