Is There Anything That Can Reduce the Appearance of Bags Caused by Malar Edema?

The amount of puffiness varies daily as well as throughout the day. Would surgery and/or fillers help?

Improvement of malar edema

+2

Malar edema which is different from eyelid puffiness. The two can be recognized by the fact that the malar edema is present below the rim of the eye where eyelid puffiness is within the rims of the eye. The only definitive way that I am aware of to improve the malar edema is an extended lower blepharoplasty that stretches the tissue out over the area. Fillers do not seem to help much there. A lower salt diet can help and icing seems to give some temporary relief. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon