Is It Possible to Reduce the Angle to my Pig-like Nose?

My nose upturns at an extreme angle, making me have the appearance of a cute little piglet. Not so cute. I was just wondering if it is at all possible to fix or would it just look worse after the procedure?

Rhinoplasty to improve upturned nose

+1

There are some maneuvers to force the tip back down such as trimming the caudal septum, releasing some of the ligaments in the nose, and extended spreader grafts. All of these maneuvers can help to push the nasal tip downward.

Upturned nose

+1

It is certainly easier to raise the tip, but lowering the tip can be performed to derotate it. This can be done in several ways and also with grafts.

De-rotating the Nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The answer to your question depends on your choice of rhinoplasty surgeon.  Your overly rotated nasal tip can be de-rotated or "fixed".  It is one of the more advanced techniques in rhinoplasty so be sure to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Make sure to remove your tongue piercing before going into the operating room.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Pig-Like Nose

+1

Your tip can be de-rotated and your nose lengthened to correct the "pig-snout". A cartilage graft  may or may not be necessary. You can achieve significant improvement if you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Interesting choice of photo...?  Anyway, you can refine the tip cartilages and de-rotate them to achieve a better looking nose.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Correcting an upturned Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

Rhinoplasty with narrowing of the lower lateral cartilages of the tip and suturing them together followed by de-rotating the tip would give you a much more refined, narrow tip with less nostril show.

In my opinion, as you shed the old nose tip for a nice refined one, you appearance would also be improved tremendously by losing the tongue bolt...