Too many redos... if I can't live with these large implants what are my options? (photo)

40yrs athletic single no children 5’4” 120# 400cc HP Allergen unders. Breast aug has made me realize I struggle with knowing what is best for me. Began w 450 (50cc over my surgeons rec), downsized to 300 bc miserable, recently upped to 400. 300 were comfortable and pretty naked but I wanted the wow factor. Now I realize I had the wow AND was so comfortable. My behavior reflects poorly on the surgeon sends red flag to the PS Board if he were to redo. Is redo an option if I give them some time?

Revision After Revision

+4

Well, you certainly have had a lot of surgery. I'm not quite sure what you're asking, so I'll try to give you a few comments, hopefully some will be helpful. Your preop photos indicate a breast that, from a 'dimensional planning' point of view, should not have gotten 450 HP. Your results were impressive though, apparently symmetrical, and the 400 HP looked about the same. However, the 300 HP started to show their narrow diameter, and looked too far apart.

All of your results looked like some cartoon of an idealized breast, that is to say like orbs. If that is what you want, then great. But I would like to remind you that large, HP saline implants might look good now, but how they look down the line might be very different. These implants exert the highest toll on your breast and body tissues (including your ribcage), and will thin and stretch your breasts out. In it's ultimate form, with time your breasts will look like a 'ball in sock'.

I encourage women to think beyond today and into their future. You will be an older woman far longer than are a younger woman, and you'll want your breasts to be as nice as possible then, perhaps even more than you want them bigger now. Making choices like you have will make your breasts not so nice in the future, and possibly uncorrectable too. Choosing silicone gel filled, intermediate profile implants of appropriate size will have a much more lasting aesthetic affect with the least possible negative impact on your body tissues. In your case, a 300 or 325 cc moderate plus Mentor or Style 15 Natrelle (305 cc) will look wider (fuller), more natural, and give you more upper pole fullness than the 300 HP you had before. Alternatively, a form stable implant in that range will work well too.

Too many redos... if I can't live with these large implants what are my options?

+2

It may be reasonable to downsize again, but your current result is good and I would not jump into another surgery without careful introspection.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augment

+2

This is a difficult situtation, I would suggest picking the middle size giving it a year and if you hate it remove all the implants and move on

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

+1

Your issue is very concerning. Continual re operations on one body area has in each subsequent event an increase in having a complication, as a hematoma, infection, capsule formation. Plus a patient that is willing to undergo these multiple surgeries because of a 50 to 100 cc size differential DOES send up "red flags"!!! In my over internet opinion the 450 cc initial size view was most likely your best. But again that is an over the internet opinion. So now you are at 400 cc I think, maybe best to live with them and forget about the "WOW" factor for now, like at least 5 years. BUT if you desire to take the additional risks and costs involved, than if you obtained a written second opinion from a boarded PSs agreeing with another surgery, I would re operate to the size you hopefully decided upon. But I sure would charge you a full fee and have additional informed consents signed outlining your individual case in specifics.

Breast implants and options

+1

Each type of implant you had gave you a little different look. It is really up to you what you were looking for.

Redo

+1

You can always do a redo so I would give it some time to determine if that is really what you want to do as you clearly appear to be confilicted

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon