How Much I Can Redo my Breast Implants?

I just had 300 cc breast Implant 3 weeks ago, and I'm not happy with size. i want go for 375cc, would I have to pay for the revision? how much would it cost?

I just had 300 cc breast Implant 3 weeks ago, and I'm not happy with size.

+1

It is generally considerd a person needs to wait 3-4 months after a BA to allow the breast and skin to drape over the implant and for the swelling to resolve. You are not even close to that time frame. As the swelling goes down, the shape of the breasts will improve and they will likely even appear to be larger because the rounder shape will be evident.

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Revisionpost aug

+1

This is soemthing to discuss with your surgeon.He can not use the old impalnts over so I would discuss it with your surgeon.Maybe 300 is all he could put in.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

3 weeks post-surgery is too soon to know if you don’t like your size, you are swollen. Going from 300cc to 375 cc is not going to change your cup size. You didn’t say how big you where before and what you were looking to be. Give your body time to heal before deciding to have another surgery.

Immediate redo of breast aug

+1

Unfortunately your issue has happened to most doctors.  Usually after the swelling subsides and more definition of the implant is seen the patient is happy.  If you truly believe that the implant is way to small then please discuss this with the surgeon.  If it was a simple breast augmentation without a lift, then there really is no reason to delay the procedure.  Provided your healing well timing shouldn’t be an issue.   I would recommend going up 100-150 cc to make a sizable difference.  Going up 50 cc probable is not worth the money and aggravation in most cases.  The surgeon’s office will have to determine the appropriate fees.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Revisional Breast Augmentation

+1

I am sorry that you are disappointed with your size, but it may be too early to see the final size and result of the recent surgery.  There are occasions when a patient may be able to have a bigger implant inserted  into the pocket that has been created for your current breast augmentation, but this usually is recommended several months after the recent past surgery.

As far as the cost for the surgery, you should discuss this with your surgeon.  Many of us have policies that we tend to follow in making these types of decisions for our patients..  Please be aware that it is not always possible to go up 75cc with new implants until some time has past to allow for more relaxation in the existing pocket that  you currently have for your implants.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Size Matters

+1

There desire to increase size after breast augmentation is a problem that is best eliminated at the consult by good communication via pictures, and/or sizing systems. Policy on revisions are individual to each office.

Dr. ES

Redoing breast augmentation

+1
I would suggest that you take a little more time before acting on your implant size remorse. There is no reason to rush into a decision. In terms of costs, this is a matter for discussion with your plastic surgeon. Typically, you would be responsible for paying for the second operation, although perhaps at a reduced cost. If you went to the manicurist and changed your mind about the color after three days, would you expect a new manicure for free? I hate to compare plastic surgery to beauty salon services but am always surprised that patients will expect free additional procedures, show up late or no-show for appointments, etc. with the physician that they would never consider with their hairdressers!

Breast augmentation redo

+1

You can have a larger implant sooner rather than later, and you might consider at least 100cc up to make a significant difference. Many who are undecided early on come to like the implants they have, and a wait would be the prudent thing to do.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

How Much I Can Redo my Breast Implants?

+1

Most offices have a policy for redo surgery. You should expect to pay for operating room anesthesia and implants at actual cost. Many surgeons will reduce her professional sea in this setting.

When I see a patient in the early postoperative period asking for larger implants I generally find it advisable to have the patient wait until 3 months after surgery.I found that many patients who early on onto the change we'll change their minds and wind up being pleased with the size they achieved at surgery.

Good luck and best wishes. Thanks for the question.