Can I Redo the Lipo if I Need To?

If i'm not happy with results of 1st lipo can I re-do it & how long need to wait before u do that?

Revision liposuction

+1

Revision liposuction can usually be done if you  are unhappy with your 1st liposuction result.  I would wait 4-6 months minimum possibly even a year to see how things shape up. 

Revision after liposuction

+1

If you are unhappy after liposuction it is wise to wait up to six months for full effect prior to revising changes that make you unhappy. If however, there is just one area that is small and bulging, then small liposuction may be performed around three months at times.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction Revision

+1

Once you have had  liposuction, it is usually a good idea to wait 3 months for everything to heal, swelling to go down, and skin to tighten up.  At that point, if you need some sort of revision, it is usually safe to proceed, as long as their is something there that can be adressed further.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Touch up liposuctions can be done as early as 4 months after the original surgery.

+1

The normal time frame for the end results from liposuctions is usually 4-6 months.  If a touch up liposuction is needed, your doc can tell at the 4 month period and will schedule accordingly.  Your doc will let you know the fees.  Do expect to pay for the operating room fee at the very least. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon