Re-tatoo lighter shade around lip to get rid of dark liner?

I had my lip liner done 4 years ago and she completely ruined my lips. The line is extremely uneven and one side goes in to my lip. And to top it off she used a color which turned into dark burgendy. Is there a way to re-tatoo a lighter shade around the lips and my full lips to get rid of this horrible dark liner?

I am also looking for an experienced "artist" in the dallas area not just an aethesthecian who claims they are the best.

Permanent lip liner revision with laser

+1

You might get a much better result by using a laser to lighten or remove the previously done tattooing and start again with a fresh "canvas" after finding a new specialist to do the permanent makeup.  Using a lighter pigment may not mask the color well enough and might be harder to remove the lighter color with laser if it doesn't come out well.

Don't tattoo over bad tattoo

+1

Dark colored tattoo ink cannot be "painted over' with lighter tattoo ink, just as you cannot paint over a dark color without using primer first. Consider laser removal of the pigment, but make sure a test spot is offered first. Some permanent inks have iron oxide which can turn orange when lasered.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist