Redo my breast implants revision surgery?

Hi, I'm 32 years old have 5 kids. I had a breast aug done in may of 09 my right boob had not dropped so I had a revision on Jan 15 2010. I'm not happy at all now my right boob has shrunk and my nipple looks off to the right.what are my rights? should I go back to that Dr and should I pay her again? Help.

Breast Asymmetry after augmentation

+2

If you are displeased or concerns about your results you should see your surgeon. It would be helpful to look at your before pictures with your surgeon to better evaluate your situation. You may find that some of your current breast asymmetry was pre-existing. Or you may find that the right breast implants is positioned too far towards the cleavage area making the nipple-areola  look like it is pointing outward.

I am sure you your surgeon wants to make his/her patient as happy as possible and you should use him/her as a resource to determine the best course of action.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Breast asymmetry

+2

Deb123, it would be great if we could see your before pictures.  Before the first surgery and before the revision.  Without it it is difficult to make any conclusions.  However, it is very common for people to have visible asymmetry between their two breasts.  It is very rare for someone to have perfectly symmetrical breasts.  Most people have some asymmetry that they don't notice too much but can become visible to them after a breast augmentation.

In your case, you can talk to your plastic surgeon, or get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon.  Do your research, find someone who has a reputation of being good and will not recommend surgery just because it pays the bills.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Asymmetry Following Breast Augmentation

+1

It’s not unusual to have breast asymmetry following breast augmentation for a variety of reasons. In some cases, this asymmetry may be related to post-surgical changes while in other cases it may have been present all along and may have become more noticeable following breast augmentation.

Although, it’s hard to know the cause of asymmetry without pre-operative pictures and a physical exam, I suspect yours may have been present prior to surgery. It appears that your right nipple areola is superiorly and laterally positioned relative to the opposite side. In addition, the breast mound and infra mammary fold are elevated on the right as well.

In the case of the nipple areola, this was not caused by surgery, but is related to your baseline asymmetry. I suspect your infra mammary fold asymmetry was present prior to surgery as well and is related to your areolar malposition.

Under these circumstances, surgeons have difficult intra-operative choices to make and sometimes compromises need to be made. In your case, the nipple areola position can’t be changed, because of this, compromises regarding the position of the breast mound and fold height may be necessary.

In some cases, it may be impossible to obtain symmetry when pre-operative asymmetry is present. It’s therefore important to have realistic expectations and understand that asymmetry can’t always be corrected. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Some minor asymmetry is normal.

+1
Even completely natural breasts will have some degree of asymmetry without surgery. In some cases, existing differences between breasts may be more apparent after breast augmentation, and this does not necessarily indicate a surgical error. If you have concerns about your results, you should definitely follow up with your surgeon and see what options she recommends. If you don’t feel confident that she is the right choice for further revision procedures, though, you should absolutely seek out a second opinion. There are many plastic surgeons who specialize in breast augmentation revision surgery that may have other suggestions for how to resolve your concerns.

Augmentation Revision

+1
I would suggest you discuss your options with your doctor first. Most surgeons want their patients to be happy with their results, and so it would be most beneficial to discuss this and see what they would recommend to help correct the issues you concerned with. If you are comfortable, then proceed accordingly. Most women have asymmetrical breasts initially that could become more pronounced with breast implant placement; however, that does not account for discrepancies all the time. One important factor to look into is implant placement. For example, a common reason for a nipple pointing in the outward direction is that the implant is positioned too medially, or too close to the midline, relative to the opposite side. Additionally, if an implant has not dropped completely, it can also affect the breast shape. Regardless, in order to give you results you are happy with, you may require revisionary surgery. Whether it is with your previous surgeon or a different surgeon, it should be somebody who you trust and feel comfortable with.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision in Los Angeles

+1

The first priority is to improve your breast shape and make you more comfortable with your results. A breast revision may be necessary.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/breasts/19/breast-implant-revision.aspx

Redoing Breast Revision

+1

Sorry to hear about your displeasure with your prior surgery. It would be important to maintain the lines of communication with your surgeon. Calmly explain your concerns to him, and ask to review the preoperative photos.  It will be helpful in determining if the breast asymmetry existed prior to surgery, and if you received improvement through your last surgery. Best of luck to you.

Breast Revision

+1

In order to provide a professional opinion I would need to view the before photos. AS times goes on we all tend to forget how we looked before surgery. I would guess that your pre-operative photos would show that your nipples were not symmetric prior to surgery. I would consult with your surgeon and ask to view your original pre-op photos for more answers. Best wishes!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Everyones breasts are a bit asymmetric. I cannot say what is going on without seeing your pre-op photos, but I would bet that the right pointed off tto the side before.  No one has two exactly perfect symmetric breasts.