Need a Redo After MACS Face Lift Jowls Not Lifted? (photo)

I had a macs face lift six months ago.I have healed well but my chin is not defined.My surgeon would llke to redo in order to lift the jowl and improve the appearance of the lower face. I am not too sure that this was the right type of face lift for me and is concerned that I will endure another surgery with minimal results.Please could you advise if I need a different technique to get the desired results. I thank you for your feedback. could you tell me if I should

Need a Redo After MACS Face Lift Jowls Not Lifted?

+2

Aestheically speaking, from the photos provided, there remains what appears to be a significant excess of fatty tissue along the nasolabial folds all the way down through the jowls.  This excess fat must be removed to re-shape the face during any Facelift or gravity will continue to pull the excess tissues towards the mouth.  

Similarly, there appears to be excess fat below the chin and along the neck and the chin otself appears a bit weak.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant along with micro-lipo of the neck and face might be considered.  Shaping the Cheeks with a filler (I prefer Perlane) would create a soft, feminine and naturally attractive face.  I would need to see how much actual excess skin remains before recommending a minimally invasive Face Lift to tighten the SMAS and remove skin.

A limited lift yields limited results

+2

It is too bad that you did not have a better outcome to your surgery. There is a lot of marketing on TV and on the Internet for these "MINI" facelifts. Often they do not produce much improvement. I would wait another 6 months to let the final swelling go away and then consider having another consultation to see what your options would be.

Diana L. Elias MD

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Revision MACS Llift

+2

After studying your photographs, I do understand why you wish to further improve your facelift result. For you revision surgery, I would recommend a somewhat more assertive jowl and neck lifting procedure. I would recommend a deep-plane or high-SMAS lift which should provide significant benefit with excellent longevity, especially when combined with conservative fat grafting.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redo MACS Lift

+2

The beauty of plastic surgery is the opportunity to tailor a procedure to the individual needs and goals of our patient.   Each patient's anatomy is different, as are their goals.     With facelifting, we choose from a multitude of options to achieve the best result.

With this said, I would not recommend a revision MACS lift, as it did not give you a desireable result the first time.   Another important variable is appropriate timing.    It is important not to redo a whole facelift until the scar tissue has  had time to settle and soften.     If there is a lot of inflammation and scar tissue encountered, complication rates could escalate.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Limited facelifts yield limited results.

+2

In the search for less invasive operations miniaturized procedure seven introduced. Unfortunately, they often times lead to disappointing results is a restrict the options for the surgeon.

+2

Yes a redo full lifting is the next step for you. Seek additional second opinions in person from boarded PSs in your city. 

Redo after MACS Facelift

+2

If you are not satisfied with the results of the MACS facelift it does not maker sense for you to repeat the same procedure. In a patient with a fuller face I feel that more can be achieved with a lift that includes liposuction, SMAS elevation, and imbrication of the platysma muscle to remove the jowls and decrease the fullness of the anterior neck. 

Unhappy with MACS Face lift result

+2

Thank you for your question about your MACS face lift result

• I find MACS face lift results unpredictable,
  • My approach would be a re-do with a standard face and neck lift - platysma flap, neck liposuction, SMAS plication or flap,
  • Dissection close to the mandibular ligaments and nasolabial line,
  • Remove residual MACS sutures which can cause inflammation. 
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Redo MACS facelift

+2

There are so many varieties of facelift, and MACS facelift can lift the jowls as readily as any other variety.  Perhaps the dissection was not extensive to get the appropriate pull or the sutures were not tight enough.   In general, you should be able to accomplish your goal with the MACS lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision facelfit surgery.

+1

If you are not happy with the results following your facelift, then either the expectations were not properly agreed upon prior to surgery, and/or the incorrect procedure was performed, and/or the correct procedure was performed incorrectly.  I would recommend discussing the details with your surgeon and possibly seeking additional opinions to determine what your options are at this point. 

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon