Redness & swelling 2 weeks post thigh and tummy Smart Lipo?

I'm 2wks post op Thigh & tummy smart lipo. My tummy was flat now it is swelling. I have redness on one side of tummy and now redness and pain on my thighs. Is this normal?

+1

Swelling and healing as well as scar maturation can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

I would follow with your doctor at this point to determine if you are healing appropriately.

Smartlipo redness and swelling

+1

Your redness and swelling can be part of the normal healing process but you should be seen by your surgeon who can rule out any side effects that have arisen.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Normal healing process

+1

Do not panic, this is completely normal. Your results for Smartlipo you will see almost immediately, then after a few days you will start to notice your swelling. Swelling and redness are typical after having an invasive treatment. You will slowly see your body contour and final results at 6 months.

Bruce E. Katz, MD