Redness and Skin Peeling After DiamondTome Microdermabrasion

I had my first microdermabrasion done and it felt great; a little aggressive at times, but overall, I liked it. My only concern is right after treatment, my face was red, and the next day, it began peeling. In the procedure book I was given, it said no recovery time, but I was recovering! Are these normal? Is it worth it to continue treatments?

Redness and peeling after microdermabrasion

+2

It is normal to have a little redness after microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is a manual exfoliation of the skin and if you rub the skin you are going to get redness. What is important is how long you were red-- if it lasted more than a few hours or your skin felt tender than the strength may have been too high.

Some people don't notice any peeling of their skin, but others do notice that the skin is peeling. However, the flakes should be small and fine like dry skin and your skin should remain unbroken. Use a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and encourage the sloughing of the skin. If your skin feels raw or irritated, you should follow up with whoever performed the procedure. Microdermabrasion should never hurt, and there should be no open wounds.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon