Redness over Nasal Bone After One Month of Septorhinoplasty

I did septorhinoplasty a month a go, but the junction of nasal bone and cartilage where the bone has been broken to repair it still red. I wonder if is normal or will disappear becouse after days of operation my doctor noticed that one side of nasal bone remaind elevated and that area is red.  He said that elevanion can be removed simply later but why is red still now?

Red Skin Over Bone 1 Month Post Septorhinoplasty

+1

The red skin may be secondary to an infection or pressure from the edge of the underlying nasal bone. If your surgeon is not concerned, I suggest you get a second opinion from another physician.

Redness over Nasal Bone One Month After Septorhinoplasty

+1

Regarding: "Redness over Nasal Bone After One Month of Septorhinoplasty  I did septorhinoplasty a month a go, but the junction of nasal bone and cartilage where the bone has been broken to repair it still red. I wonder if is normal or will disappear becouse after days of operation my doctor noticed that one side of nasal bone remaind elevated and that area is red. He said that elevanion can be removed simply later but why is red still now?"

From the single oblique photograph it hard to tell if you have an "open roof" deformity, where the nasal bones were not placed together OR we are looking at  either the edge of one of the nasal bones or the upper lateral cartilages. Either way, with the expected nose swelling, you should not demonstrate such irregularities this early in the healing process. I therefore suspect you may require another operation to correct the deformity.

Redness may mean an infection or, worse yet, a thinning of the skin with impending exposure of the underlying bone. It is very hard to tell i this is the case here.

You may want to seek a second opinion from a good nose surgeon.

Dr. Peter Aldea